• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel fluting? Preferably spiral?

Yea, I‘ve read all the pros and cons.
One of my most accurate rifles is a fluted Weatherby Accumark.

There is a big difference between having a barrel fluted during the process of manufacturing said barrel, and coming back later and fluting a finished barrel. The fluting is not supposed to be the final step, and it can cause issues that can wreck havoc with your accuracy. Ain’t saying it definitely will, but it’s a well-known issue.

There is a big difference between having a barrel fluted during the process of manufacturing said barrel, and coming back later and fluting a finished barrel. The fluting is not supposed to be the final step, and it can cause issues that can wreck havoc with you accuracy. Ain’t saying it definitely will, but it’s a well-known issue.
Yea they have beat this issue to death on Snipers Hide and every othe long range shooting forum. I read them all. I still want my barrel fluted. I have my reasons.
I appreciate all the concern...but I wasn’t asking IF I should flute my barrel.
i was asking WHO flutes barrels.

Yea they have beat this issue to death on Snipers Hide and every othe long range shooting forum. I read them all. I still want my barrel fluted. I have my reasons.
I appreciate all the concern...but I wasn’t asking IF I should flute my barrel.
i was asking WHO flutes barrels.

The high quality shops that I use and recommend for barrel fluting and other work refuse to flute a finished barrel, so I don’t have anyone that I can personally and professionally recommend to you.

Unlimited Google searches are free.

Good luck, I hope the finished product lives up to your expectations.

Bear Creek has em in Black and SS for under $300, mine shoots true as my LMT, https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/ar-15/ar-15-barrels.html?p=2

1627831494095.png

Back
Top Bottom