• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrett M107a1

JDG.

Default rank 5000+ posts
Silent Professional
165   0
Reaction score
Long story short I may have the opportunity to get some variant of these guns for between 6-8k. I have a dealer friend that says he usually gets one year to sell in that range and will give me the opportunity to snag it. Seeing as these go for 9-12k this seems like a no brainer.

Sadly the internet is ruining it for me. Lots of bad reports of accuracy compared to cheaper competitors. I'm not looking at other brands though. I have history with the m82 model and if I go with one it'll be of the barrett variety. What say the hive?

pics for awesomeness
cdn2.bigcommerce.com_server2900_abdb4_products_3466_images_20470d5569569469eeeb82108e2c99c5ea1.jpg

I like the one that Mark Serbu builds better than the Barrett but thats just me.
Thats what I keep seeing online too. Never seen one in person though. Im thinking this is going to be collectors sake vs shooting hence the reason for the brand specific want. the serbu seems to be more shooters grade 50.

There's the M82/M107 and the updated M107A1, just be sure you know what you're getting relative to pricing.

You're not buying a semi-auto .50 for ultra precision, but generally they're accurate enough for something you want to hit with a .50 BMG round. Ammunition is part of the limitation, as ball ammo is intended for machine guns, which are designed for dispersion. Also, the trigger's aren't exactly light and the concussion/recoil is such that it takes a lot of practice to be proficient with them.

I've had fun with the ones I've shot, whether at rocks, tank hulls or steel plates. If you want a really accurate .50 BMG, look at a single shot. If you want the preying mantis of death and destruction, get the M107.

Thats what I keep seeing online too. Never seen one in person though. Im thinking this is going to be collectors sake vs shooting hence the reason for the brand specific want. the serbu seems to be more shooters grade 50.

I like the Serbu better also and it does shoot like a laser.

There's the M82/M107 and the updated M107A1, just be sure you know what you're getting relative to pricing.

You're not buying a semi-auto .50 for ultra precision, but generally they're accurate enough for something you want to hit with a .50 BMG round. Ammunition is part of the limitation, as ball ammo is intended for machine guns, which are designed for dispersion. Also, the trigger's aren't exactly light and the concussion/recoil is such that it takes a lot of practice to be proficient with them.

I've had fun with the ones I've shot, whether at rocks, tank hulls or steel plates. If you want a really accurate .50 BMG, look at a single shot. If you want the preying mantis of death and destruction, get the M107.
Yeah, Its more of a collector item for me. Occasionally just blasting but just to have as .50bmg is pretty expensive per shot. Thats why Im leaning towards the m107a1

The barrett is an anti material rifle. You want to shoot a truck at 1000. Go for it. If you want to shoot bugholes in a .50 you need something like a McM tac50, aiax 50, DT HTI or have a custom tube spun up.

The barrett is an anti material rifle. You want to shoot a truck at 1000. Go for it. If you want to shoot bugholes in a .50 you need something like a McM tac50, aiax 50, DT HTI or have a custom tube spun up.
For me the 50 serves no purpose but for fun. I am not a long range shooter. the DT HTI does look pretty awesome though

Back
Top Bottom