• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

basic food/supplies at Costco?

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
122   0
Reaction score
starting to put aside a bit more food stuff. I've got mylar bags, 5 gallon storage containers, sealers, etc.

What kind of bulk food is best from somewhere like Costco? I had assumed I would get some rice and beans (I have other meat/proteins already) but there's quite a variety of styles to choose from. Any recommendations for specific type of rice or beans that might last longer?

Anything else to buy in bulk there? sugar? salt? bouillion cubes? dried milk?

Might have to go check out the LDS store at some point as well.

starting to put aside a bit more food stuff. I've got mylar bags, 5 gallon storage containers, sealers, etc.

What kind of bulk food is best from somewhere like Costco? I had assumed I would get some rice and beans (I have other meat/proteins already) but there's quite a variety of styles to choose from. Any recommendations for specific type of rice or beans that might last longer?

Anything else to buy in bulk there? sugar? salt? bouillion cubes? dried milk?

Might have to go check out the LDS store at some point as well.

What is LDS store?

The LDS manual is available free from multiple locations on the internet in PDF format. It's a laundry list of what to buy. I have it on my phone. I can email it to anyone that wants it, it's version 8. Anyway, besides the standard rice and beans, popcorn can be found in a 50lb bag for ~$12. Sugar, salt, flour, pasta, and of course a plethora of canned goods. Also anything that is considered extender foods. Anything that can transform a dish from one style to another. Examples include various gravy mixes, chicken bullion, beef bullion, Mexican seasonings, Asian seasonings, Italian seasonings, Worcestershire, bulk ranch dressing powder, etc. Rice and beans doesn't have to be bland.

Back
Top Bottom