• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Basic Precision Rifle Course, April 8-9, ERTC Pelham TN

As always it was a great class Shep!!! I had a blast!!!! Shep had us hitting a 12" x 18" steel target at 1000yds by the end of class today!!! It was awesome!!! Can't wait till next class!!!

So definitely worth it?
I hear nothing but good things.
What were you running?
I need to set aside some cash to take his Sept. Class.

As always it was a great class Shep!!! I had a blast!!!! Shep had us hitting a 12" x 18" steel target at 1000yds by the end of class today!!! It was awesome!!! Can't wait till next class!!!

The pleasure was all mine. Had a great bunch of students that made my job VERY easy.

Kind of a weird equipment setup amongst the students. Everyone ran a .308 and they were all bolt guns; no other calibers and no semi-autos. Plus, everyone was using mil scopes; no MOA. Usually have a lot more variation amongst equipment.

Everyone had multiple, consecutive hits on steel at 1,000yds. Like the man said, the target was a 12"x18" steel silhouette (an IPSC silhouette minus the "D" zone).

Barrel lengths varied from 26" to 16". The 16" was a Desert Tech Covert using handloads topped with a 185grn Berger VLD.

Optics were mostly Nightforce, with few odds n' ends thrown in (an SWFA 5-20x50, Weaver Tactical, etc.).

I usually use a full-size steel IPSC silhouette for 1,000yds. This was a very good shooting class, so I went with a much smaller target. 12"x18" at 1,000yds is 1.2MOA x 1.8MOA. If I had put out the larger target, the few misses they had would have been hits.....they were tight!

Back
Top Bottom