• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Basic question on suppressors.

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
I got a SR22 pistol with a threaded barrel, my buddy has a legal suppressor on his Buckmark. Can we put his can on my pistol and shoot it......legally??? Both of us present at the range, I want to see how my pistol would perform with a can before sinking the time and $$$$$ in it.

Or do we get matching orange jumpsuits???

TOJ

Absolutely you can (no pun intended). Have fun. I shoot a M&P .22c with a sig can for plinking. Most fun I usually have shooting.

I got a SR22 pistol with a threaded barrel, my buddy has a legal suppressor on his Buckmark. Can we put his can on my pistol and shoot it......legally??? Both of us present at the range, I want to see how my pistol would perform with a can before sinking the time and $$$$$ in it.

Or do we get matching orange jumpsuits???

TOJ

As long as he is present with the item you can shoot it with no problem. It gets sketchy when you start making things up like if he goes to the bathroom, etc but you'll be fine.

BTW my only .22 pistol host is a SR22. Its fun and quiet too.

Yep NFA stuff is way more prevalent now days. I've been dragging a 10/22 SBR around with me all week with a can on it and have carried NFA stuff for awhile. Not once have I been asked about any of it, but I carry a Daka Pouch with copies of all my tax stamps in my bag with me anyways

Yep NFA stuff is way more prevalent now days. I've been dragging a 10/22 SBR around with me all week with a can on it and have carried NFA stuff for awhile. Not once have I been asked about any of it, but I carry a Daka Pouch with copies of all my tax stamps in my bag with me anyways

Lol gotta get with the times man. I scanned all my stamps to my computer and uploaded them to my google drive. I have some laminated copies of my first couple in my Range bag but I like being digital and having them with me no matter where I go.

Lol gotta get with the times man. I scanned all my stamps to my computer and uploaded them to my google drive. I have some laminated copies of my first couple in my Range bag but I like being digital and having them with me no matter where I go.
Yeah my buddy just straight up iPhone took pictures of his haha guess it's fine? I haven't looked into the legality of since I drag a stupid bag around with me all day anyways. You ever been asked for credentials before??

That you get service.

Yeah my buddy just straight up iPhone took pictures of his haha guess it's fine? I haven't looked into the legality of since I drag a stupid bag around with me all day anyways. You ever been asked for credentials before??
No one has ever asked for my credentials before. I guess if you have it, you have already been checked out by someone. Now, it you had an oil filter suppressor, they might inquire.

Back
Top Bottom