• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Basic trauma kit contents?

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
I’ve been toying with the idea of putting together a small “neighborhood defense” kit. Essentially a small bag that can hold a couple extra magazines and a small trauma kit. It’s specifically for fighting, so don’t need water purification or food in it. It’ll be something for home defense, but can also be pressed into service for neighborhood patrols if the times came to that, or if mobs of folks decide they want to take over middle class neighborhoods.

I already have a bag/rig I’ll be picking up for this task, but what am I needing for a fairly basic blowout kit?

That's my blow out kit:
20210605_160022.jpg

It's on the bottom of a Hailey Strategic rig.

20210605_163502.jpg

I've got an all-red School kids backpack that I keep in my vehicle it has basic first aid supplies like Band-Aids antibiotic ointment some gauze pads rolls of gauze to wrap wounds with,
but it also has special bandaging pads that are impregnated with a blood clotting powder, it's got a couple extra rolls of ACE (elastic) bandages, new in the wrapper, which can be applied much more tightly than standard cotton gauze wrap.
It has an entire roll of duct tape,
and finally it has 2 tourniquits.

And a Ziploc bag with some clean tissues for wiping a wound, and a small plastic bottle of hydrogen peroxide for sanitizing wounds, or just cleaning blood off your hands after you've finished helping somebody. Or cleaning your hands first, before you touch their wounds!

I've put a large first aid kit together some years ago and added genuine Israeli bandages, two tourniquets, a gunshot kit with dual chest seals, and large square bandages, gauze, tape, finger splints, antibiotic ointments. I even keep a bag of safety pins included. The focus is on injuries larger than a typical bandaid. There's a small burn kit, disinfecting agents, analgesics (aspirin, Tylenol, and ibuprofen), and a bunch of other things. I was considering buying more Israeli bandages just to have a few more on hand and found that there are too many fake ones on Amazon. I then found this website that sells freshly manufactured bandages among other things. In years past, I have purchased the FirstCare WoundStop Care1 four-inch Israeli bandage- it's the civilian version of the military one and includes the locking clip and sells for four dollars less. If you sign up for their newsletter you get 10% off the first order. Orders of $49 or more ship free to the USA direct from Israel. https://israelifirstaid.com

Battle belt/chest rig should be items that:
Make holes
Plug holes.

Not for random boo-boos but think about GSW. Quick clot, pads, gloves, TQ. Otherwise it’s in a support pack or the trucj

It wasn't a battle first aid kit, but my standard kit was kept in my vehicle for the past 4 year's. Recently looked through it and found mold speckling the packets inside. Must have gotten wet or absorbed it without my noticing.

I'm in the process of rebuilding it and plan to integrate freezer bags to protect it from any moisture again. Ended up using duct tape on my cut till I could treat it properly at home.

Back
Top Bottom