Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Advance

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Deka

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Tacos of course

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
There are a lot of filters made in Gastonia North Carolina at the Wix plant. I know they label them for many companies. I also know they make different grades.
I'm wondering if all batteries are the same quality or if they add more plates and lead in certain grades over others? I know some times you will grab a battery made by x and it weighs a lot and another batter with the same group number for brand y that weighs less. I saw it a lot with motorcycle batteries.

There are a lot of filters made in Gastonia North Carolina at the Wix plant. I know they label them for many companies. I also know they make different grades.
I'm wondering if all batteries are the same quality or if they add more plates and lead in certain grades over others? I know some times you will grab a battery made by x and it weighs a lot and another batter with the same group number for brand y that weighs less. I saw it a lot with motorcycle batteries.
As I understand it yes you are right to an extent.
But they know how long lead lasts in acid, and the link between the last lead plate and the terminals determine how long it will last. Certain thickness at the link make a 3-5-7 years for replacement. Be easy to make lead acid batteries last the life of the car, but there is no profit in that.

Everstart wins for price. The tech is the same across brands. The rest is marketing.

Been a few years now, but there was only about three domestic plants making batteries for just about all the brands. Now with all the Chinese stuff I don’t know...

Johnson Controls, which supplies more than half of the market, Exide, and East Penn. So easy, even a 3rd grader could understand. :lol:

https://www.quora.com/How-many-automotive-battery-manufacturers-are-there-in-the-USA

Delco is another Johnson Controls battery.

As mentioned, there are very few manufacturers making all the automotive batteries. Lots of different labels though.
Yep. There's a mfg distribution center in Norcross I've bought deep cycle factory blemishes from multiple times. There's an entire rack of labels from different "manufacturers" that they stick on depending on what is ordered. Same exact battery....
For car batteries, I just get Everlast. Generally get about 5 years. I have a tractor battery that is 15 years old. I need to double check what that thing is...

Yep. There's a mfg distribution center in Norcross I've bought deep cycle factory blemishes from multiple times. There's an entire rack of labels from different "manufacturers" that they stick on depending on what is ordered. Same exact battery....
For car batteries, I just get Everlast. Generally get about 5 years. I have a tractor battery that is 15 years old. I need to double check what that thing is...
I’ve had good luck with Auto Zone Duralast Gold series.
Back when I needed bargains I found that deep cycle boat batteries were cheaper and worked as good as car batteries.

Back
Top Bottom