Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Advance

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Deka

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Tacos of course

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
Had a bad battery one time, was told it was dead. Made it to a auto parts store. It was hot as hell and leaking some kind of fluid, maybe even smoking some. Never seen that before

Had a bad battery one time, was told it was dead. Made it to a auto parts store. It was hot as hell and leaking some kind of fluid, maybe even smoking some. Never seen that before
I had one explode in a standby generator. It was crazy.

I just got through shopping around online and saw some new brand batteries I wasnt familiar with. Thought Id do a poll and get the Odts experience on battery longevity. My personal best has been with Excide when Napa carried them. Had a 7 year battery go 10+. Duralast has been meh but definitely not worth it now days for what they cost. Right now Im running 3 Interstates, two Everstart, and one Batteries Plus. Ive got tenders on 3 of them that mostly sit. I dont remember who makes who but I realize most are made by the same manufacturer.

Not an option but my two Bosch Platinums didn't make it a full year and my moms Bosch Platinum made it around 2 years. Went back to exchange them and Pepboys dropped the brand because they were getting so many returned.

I don't know who made the OEM batteries in my 2004.5 but I got 13 years out of them. Replaced with DEKA through a connection that works on emergency vehicles. I just buy Interstate from Costco for everything else; small engine/RV/etc.

I did but a marine "Start" and "house"(deep cycle) for the boat from Batteries Plus in a pinch but they've been good so far. They also come out and go on tenders every layup. If I have to replace them, I will probably just go get the Costco/Interstate batteries again.

I have an optima red top now 13 years old and still going strong! Just replaced an AC/Delco 3yr. Battery after 6 years. I seem to have good luck with most any battery. My best recommendation is an AGM or gel battery from most any manufacturer, but use a battery tender on it when not in use for an extended period. Good Luck!

All you're mostly paying up for is the warranty. I buy the Walmart 48.88 specials with a year warranty. Get about 3 years out of them. Not once have I cashed in a battery warranty. Anything over 3 years I've always considered gravy. I've had optima, interstate, exide, duralast, etc. Every one will fail eventually. I buy on price with batteries

I have had good luck with Interstate. Was in a jam on a Sunday and got a Duralast for my tractor. That was in 2011. Still going. Had to get a Deka one time at the lake for my boat. Didn’t last a year.

Back
Top Bottom