Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Advance

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Deka

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Tacos of course

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
My Interstate group 65 died on me last week. 10 year lifespan and 7-8 years in service. Mostly sat idle with very little actual use in my ‘73 F100. Maintained with a battery tender most of its life. I looked forever trying to find the receipt to see when I purchased it. I know it wasnt before 2013-2014 and the battery has a 2010 mfg date. Wish I had looked at the mfg date when I bought it. Now I know...

So. You got 10 years out of a 10 year battery. Too.bad it sat on the dealer's shelf part of that time.

My Interstate group 65 died on me last week. 10 year lifespan and 7-8 years in service. Mostly sat idle with very little actual use in my ‘73 F100. Maintained with a battery tender most of its life. I looked forever trying to find the receipt to see when I purchased it. I know it wasnt before 2013-2014 and the battery has a 2010 mfg date. Wish I had looked at the mfg date when I bought it. Now I know...
The battery tender was a major contributor to the longevity of the battery.

7-8 years is a win.

I just got through shopping around online and saw some new brand batteries I wasnt familiar with. Thought Id do a poll and get the Odts experience on battery longevity. My personal best has been with Excide when Napa carried them. Had a 7 year battery go 10+. Duralast has been meh but definitely not worth it now days for what they cost. Right now Im running 3 Interstates, two Everstart, and one Batteries Plus. Ive got tenders on 3 of them that mostly sit. I dont remember who makes who but I realize most are made by the same manufacturer.
Auozone, Advance, Napa, interstate, Walmart, and a few more get there named brand batteries from Johnson Controls. So basically there is very little in the way of quality difference.

Back
Top Bottom