• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Battle arms or geissele

I’ve seen one, and possibly two, carbines in my courses that had malfunctions caused by the addition of a BAD lever. Doesn’t mean you’ll have one, but it happens.

I sent a round into a barricade with the bad lever. Used it to drop the bolt after a reload, finger rode right off the lever onto the geissele trigger and bang. My shooting family along with myself got rid of all of them after that, figuring there was never need to be in a hurry to lock the bolt back save a malfunction.

I sent a round into a barricade with the bad lever. Used it to drop the bolt after a reload, finger rode right off the lever onto the geissele trigger and bang. My shooting family along with myself got rid of all of them after that, figuring there was never need to be in a hurry to lock the bolt back save a malfunction.

They do help speed up a reload and malfunction clearance, but I decided that for me the negatives outweighed the positives.

Try an LWRC ambi lower if you get the chance.

Bolt release up high near the ejection port is kinda nice.
I automatically look for it on other guns now and go
"Dammit...this one doesn't have it!"

I love the l-dub, but in my world, my keeper guns match and this is going on a bcm sbr. I did find a lwrc complete lower, but $700 is kinda steep for something I'll end up swapping parts out of anyway. I like the safety and ambi controls, but the stock, grip, and trigger have to go. I'd be in that rascal at almost 1k, before the stamp :shocked:

You can get the LWRC cheaper..Buds sometimes.
Appalachian Gun&Pawn in Jasper hooked me up with my last one under $550 otd.

If LWRC would do a non reciprocating side charger for it they would rock.

Back
Top Bottom