• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bayou Bullets

This is were owning a Hi point comes in handy.bad bullet heads that gum up your nice gun no problem a crimp that makes a feeding issue I feed it though the hi point it eats everything and saves time pulling bullets.i try not to make mistakes but we have all done it

Has anyone here used their coated bullets? After 24 rounds of their 150 grain swc bullets through my Glock 34, I'm left with a residue in my barrel that is proving difficult to remove. Suggestions? Already emailed BB, but no reply yet.
Lots of good suggestions and I hope you get it worked out but you know sometimes a bullet or load in general just won't work good in a particular barrel.

This^^^

Has anyone here used their coated bullets? After 24 rounds of their 150 grain swc bullets through my Glock 34, I'm left with a residue in my barrel that is proving difficult to remove. Suggestions? Already emailed BB, but no reply yet.

Also, just FYI, if anyone does get residual leading or fouling in the barrel, from whatever cause, that Kano Kroil in the bore works wonderfully to remove those deposits. I use it after each range trip, and the bores are left with a mirror finish.

Bayou

Also, just FYI, if anyone does get residual leadijg or fouling in the barrel, from whatever cause, that Kano Kroil in the bore works wonderfully to remove those deposits. I use it after each range trip, and the bores are left with a mirror finish.

Bayou
Id forgotten about Kroil, thanks for the reminder

I have tried most of the coated bullets out there. I have used the Hy Tek in both my Glock 40 and MK23 (among others) with no major problems. They were not super accurate but I did not experience the same problem you have. I ordered from Bayou once and another company using the Hytek coating. In the 45 I ran the 200g SWC around 1000 fps. In the 10mm I ran there 180g TCG around 1200fps. I keep them below the max speeds recomended for regular cast bullets. If memory serves I was using tightgroup and autocomp powders. I did notice aditional fouling with the 10mm but attributed that to bumping the governors a little to hard......I had some of the foaming barrel cleaner and after some scrubbing it cleaned right up.

Back
Top Bottom