• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bayou Bullets

Has anyone here used their coated bullets? After 24 rounds of their 150 grain swc bullets through my Glock 34, I'm left with a residue in my barrel that is proving difficult to remove. Suggestions? Already emailed BB, but no reply yet.
Will a few copper jackets down the pipe clean the coating out?

Someone recommended Chore Boy (Copper) ... which works GREAT on lead deposits.
Also, the plastic scrub pads (only those rated for TEFLON Pans!) do a good job for me.

Take a little bit and place it on the end of a cleaning rod, maybe add a little Ed's Red / Kroll and the job is quickly done!

See (Just be careful with the other contents of this site!):

http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm

I have shot literally thousands of them (105 version) through a G42. load near max with HP-38 and have zero problems with barrel residue. Have gone hundreds of rounds between cleanings. Couple of quick runs with a Bore-Snake and the bore looks like a factory new one. I have found them to be very accurate.

Have also had similar results with their 200 RNFP 45 ACPs.

My biggest gripe is the lack of a reply from BB. Neither I nor my two shooting buddies will ever use them again. I am loading for my wife, myself and my son for GSSF matches. Five classes between us.

I find it very hard to believe that ANY properly mixed and cured coating would have problems at 9x19 velocities. No properly sized and lube cast bullet, even at 8 BHN, has any problems with 9x19 velocities.
I have never had any issues, and I have used them in HOT .38 Super and 10mm Auto loads with no barrel residue.
Acetone or mineral spirits should at least soften it if you soak the barrel for a day or so, but I've simply never had the problem.
However, I know that at least ONE coated bullet company does warn NOT to use TiteGroup as it simply burns too hot. I also know that one cast bullet company also recommended not using TiteGroup with lead bullets. It seems to me that TiteGroup can do OK for about 99% of users, but there definitely are those who find it to cause problems. My lead bullets do fine with it, except for lousy accuracy compared to other powders.

Back
Top Bottom