• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BBC Doctor Who can the writing be any worse?

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
Is it just me? The Doctor used to have brilliance! Stories that were intertwined and you needed to rewatch previous episodes and get the full impact. Ie River Song had to have been written out several seasons in advance to put it together backwards for us to experience it in reverse.

With Peter Capaldi we went from brilliant to stupid, stupid, stupid. And I always blamed it on the writing. The actors can only give life to what was written. With the new girl, the doctor never having any pre knowledge unlike the preceding Doctors who seemed to be two steps ahead of everybody else in the room.

This last episode with Rosa parks, the only person atually had a clue was the villain from the future. The Doctor was clever enough to identify the vortex manipulator and the prizon tattoo. But what other doctor had someone throttle their neck? The cast of sidekicks gathered information likeit was written for a high school play.

I understand that this season has to be in the can for us to be watching it on TV. So far this season seems to be going down the toilet.

I forgot her name but an American SJW (I'm not kidding) made her way onto the show during Capaldi's run and is still there working behind the scenes. Because of her we got an overtly political Doctor Who for the first time in the new and old show's history. Not to mention her influence was felt in how Capaldi's Doctor treated Clara (which was horrible and alienated a lot of fans) in his first few episodes. In fact, it was so bad that they had to go for gimmicks to try and bring back viewers. Ever wonder why for the first time in Doctor Who, Capaldi's Doctor broke the fourth wall? Or the Doctor playing the electric guitar. Or the worst yet...sonic sunglasses. Anyway...by the time they brought Bill Potts on as the companion they were no longer trying to even hide their political bias. And the ratings tanked. Stations around the world started to delay the show or just stop showing it completely because of lack of viewership. And now we have our first female Doctor. Who was only made female after the SJW's online demanded it. Anyway, ratings are up but less stations are showing the show around the world. The show now averages more people within the 18-34 demographic but there are less sales of their merchandise. Viewers who are 35+ have plummeted drastically. Why? There is a feeling that the show is pulling a Star Wars and giving the middle finger to the older fans while pandering only to the younger fans. The show is now being advertised by the current stars of this season as "Inclusive", "Representative", "Progressive", etc...etc... When before the show's stars would advertise it with words like "Fun", "Action Packed", "Thrilling". Anyway, I'm babbling because I have the flu. Hope whatever point I was making made sense.

Couldn't agree more. I have fond memories when I was 5 or 6 waiting for my dad to get off the late shift around midnight and we would watch Dr. Who and eat ding dongs lol. Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee were always my favorites.

I stopped watching any of the new seasons. My dad feels the same more or less, he did like the 2010 season for a bit.

He recorded the newest one and we watched it over dinner. Needless to say dinner sucked. I just kept staring in disgust at how stupid and PC this episode was. Poorly written, poorly acted, and just all around crap, and why does the new doctor remind me of a witch? Trying to catch the harry potter crowd I guess?

My dad said, they have the whole universe and time at the writer's disposal to make origional stories and this is what they do with it? I couldn't agree more.

He is kinda unaware to the political and PC/SJW climate we're in an I sometimes have to explain it to him lol.

Dr. PC is absolute trash. I tried to like the new female doctor but the writing won't save her. She has the "overly excited borderline lunatic* mentality but it doesn't pan out.

Where's the use of the doctor's intelligence to always be 2 steps ahead of the villans? There's nothing now, every time a problem arises now they literally just pick up the solution off the ground lol. That's it, no more thought put into it.

I'm glad you made this thread cause I was thinking about it..

I miss K9..

Tom Baker was the first Doctor I ever saw. He is still my favorite of all time. Matt Smith is my second favorite. Anyway, Capaldi's run did have one really good episode. "Heaven Sent". It was slow and confusing but in the end when everything was explained it blew me away. I'm not even bothering to watch this new Doctor. I know they will keep the SJW stuff to a minimum for the first couple of episodes...but then they will ramp it up. I don't care to see that. So I guess you could say I was a fan of the show between the years of 1979 to 2018. I enjoyed it while I could...

I mostly quit halfway through Smith. Well I watched most of them but gave up at candy coated daleks and Smith's wrench wielding tantrum. I just can't watch anymore. Capaldi had the potential to be one of best ever. Ruined by rubbish writing. Clara was a pushy idiot and couldn't act her way out of a wet paper sack. Smith was always destined to be meh as the Doctor. He doesn't have the screen presence for the serious bits. Like asking a 90's era Keanu to play John Wick. I'll stick with 1-10 till it dies like it did in the 80's and hopefully one day it will be found and given a new lease by someone Who nose the value of what they have to work with again.

I mostly quit halfway through Smith. Well I watched most of them but gave up at candy coated daleks and Smith's wrench wielding tantrum. I just can't watch anymore. Capaldi had the potential to be one of best ever. Ruined by rubbish writing. Clara was a pushy idiot and couldn't act her way out of a wet paper sack. Smith was always destined to be meh as the Doctor. He doesn't have the screen presence for the serious bits. Like asking a 90's era Keanu to play John Wick. I'll stick with 1-10 till it dies like it did in the 80's and hopefully one day it will be found and given a new lease by someone Who nose the value of what they have to work with again.
This man right here knows what he’s talking about! I really miss Doctor Who too.

Back
Top Bottom