• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BCS championship game?

Do you know what firsthand knowledge is? You are quoting things you've HEARD from secondary sources. Unless you were in that house all you have are opinions. And your opinion is that a slick, black athlete got away with raping a white girl. Yes, you brought up race. You believe it is relevant to the investigation.

Do you believe the Duke rape "victim" was betrayed by the good old boy North Carolina club?

I do believe it is, and the duke case is a perfect example of what I mean, thanks for bringing it up.

If this QB and his buddys were white and this girl were black. What do you think would have happened? But They are black, she is white so there are no rev jesse jacksons or al sharptons demanding he be arrested, there are no busses loaded with activists headed to FSU to protest, The media see's NO VALUE in pushing her charges before the world non stop over and over until the police have no choice but to arrest them.
Yes, race IS a part of this case!

Secondly, you have no FIRST HAND information either, yet you choose to defend the qb, WHY ?

And I believe the duke case girl was used not betrayed.

The whole thing stinks

Last edited:
I do believe it is, and the duke case is a perfect example of what I mean, thanks for bringing it up.

If this QB and his buddys were white and this girl were black. What do you think would have happened? But They are black, she is white so there are no rev jesse jacksons or al sharptons demanding he be arrested, there are no busses loaded with activists headed to FSU to protest, The media see's NO VALUE in pushing her charges before the world non stop over and over until the police have no choice but to arrest them.

Secondly, you have no FIRST HAND information either, yet you choose to defend the qb, WHY ?

The whole thing stinks

I don't think anyone is defending him because he does not need defending. It is incumbent upon the person making the accusation to prove guilt.

What in the world happened to innocent until proven guilty? The TPD and State Attorney's office didn't find sufficient evidence to charge him with a crime, including the victim's inconsistent story. There's only few who truly knows what happened, but the justice system has concluded that it was not rape. If it was in fact rape, Winston will have a higher power to answer to and God will certainly deal with it. Can we just let it go and get back to football?

The whole thing stinks

The whole thing stinks

I'm not defending the qb, I'm defending the same process I might have to rely on one day. Or you may have to rely on. Hopefully the press won't come up against you or me if we are in a situation where the authorities have intervened.

What in the world happened to innocent until proven guilty? The TPD and State Attorney's office didn't find sufficient evidence to charge him with a crime, including the victim's inconsistent story. There's only few who truly knows what happened, but the justice system has concluded that it was not rape. If it was in fact rape, Winston will have a higher power to answer to and God will certainly deal with it. Can we just let it go and get back to football?

Sure, no problem, Im just defending my position. Its just as likely a cover up as not, But I can tell you that I will certainly not be cheering him on, If you can in good conscious go ahead.

And I hope everyone remembers this thing on game day and in any awards consideration.

Sure, no problem, Im just defending my position. Its just as likely a cover up as not, But I can tell you that I will certainly not be cheering him on, If you can in good conscious go ahead.

And I hope everyone remembers this thing on game day and in any awards consideration.

I could be misinterpreting your position, but it seems as though it's one of guilt. It's a he said she said situation, with no evidence to prove either side. How can you in good conscience assume his guilt? What makes any of us more qualified to determine his guilt or innocence over those in the state attorney's office? They are put in those positions for a reason and did their jobs. I will continue to support him until there's evidence that says otherwise. I'd hope that I got the same respect if I were in a similar situation from my family, friends, and supporters.

Who ho has OSU played? Over the last 24 games? A lot of teams. A lot of teams in the B1G Conference in fact.

I honestly hate this argument. It's one of the most illogical and ridiculous arguments to apply to the BCS system. OSU plays in a conference. They are regulated to play the schools in that conference. They don't pick and choose who they play. Until the BCS is dead and there is a true playoff system, arguments like this will be made over and over and they don't mean anything.

Auburn got hot at the right time and beat the teams they needed to to get to the BCS title game. Alabama in my opinion could beat Auburn if they played again. They both have 1 loss records and Alabama has been ranked #1 the majority of the year until last week.

The FSU v Auburn game will be good but in many opinions it won't settle or truly decide who is the best team in the NCAA. But then again why does it truly matter? If you finish in the Top 25, the school's recruiting attractiveness is magnified, the program flourishes, the school's budget increases and scholarships are more available and education is the real winner. That's what truly matters.
I love how you brought that up, after I was right about the Spartans.
The "we play our conference" argument is the absolute worst. If your conference is weak, play your conference games, reach out to some good teams for your out of conference games. If your the s**t, prove it.

We'll see when playoffs roll around. I'm excited to see how it rolls out.

I love how you brought that up, after I was right about the Spartans.
The "we play our conference" argument is the absolute worst. If your conference is weak, play your conference games, reach out to some good teams for your out of conference games. If your the s**t, prove it.

We'll see when playoffs roll around. I'm excited to see how it rolls out.

Don't get too excited. It is going to be the same process with the #5 team crying instead of the #3. I would laugh my butt off if we had it this year and the playoff would be FSU, Bama, Auburn, and MSU. Can you imagine the pissing and moaning by Stanford and Baylor?

Back
Top Bottom