• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beach metal detecting

Scorpius

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
I’m going to be hitting the beach in late July at a very nice quiet place. Can’t wait to relax.

Last year I took my metal detector with my and it just constantly beeped on the sand. So reading up seems like that’s because of the mineral content which i semi figured.

Does anyone own beach rated metal detectors and can you make some recommendations on purchasing one? I’d really like to have a good chance at coins, jewelry, gold, silver, platinum without a lot of false crap to deal with.
Budget wise.....I’d love to be at ~ $300 range.

Any recommendations appreciated. And tips. If I can find a few things I’ll easily have my kids with me for long long walks on the beach :-)

Been quiet a few years since I detected on a beach. Used an expensive white's. Was on the gold coast, 1517 fleet site. Dug everything that beeped, sadly the best find was a buffalo nickel that was in the sand turned up on it's side, registered as tinfoil. My brother used a newer model of the same detector, he found an small unidentifiable clump of black oxidized silver that registered as a bottle cap, probably had been two silver cobs 500 years ago. My best advice is to dig all signals.

It's fun and time consuming have not used a detector in years but still have five pounds of beat up oxidized pennies, Quarters, nickels and dimes fair better.......wish I got a dollar for every pull tab & bottle cap I found......! The vision of finding the wife a large diamond ring has not happed yet.

Back
Top Bottom