• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bean Boots

View attachment 3902727

I'll add that the bottoms are gum rubber which is naturally grabby. I've walked across a lot slippery rocks. I don't know about serious ridge climbing, but I used to roam around Brasstown Bald in them.
We walk about 4-7 miles a day over a variety of terrain, mostly bottom land which right now is wet and mucky but also pine forest and hardwood ridges. Wearing mostly calf high muck boots right now, not the most comfortable of wear. Looking for dryer days but the bean boots look like a better option for when it isn’t.
thanks for the info.

View attachment 3902727

I'll add that the bottoms are gum rubber which is naturally grabby. I've walked across a lot slippery rocks. I don't know about serious ridge climbing, but I used to roam around Brasstown Bald in them.
I was thinking he was describing more rocky and not so wet terrains, but his last description makes me think these Bean boots will be more than adequate.

How are the insoles in these, do they have much arch support? Are they removable?
is the tread sufficient to climb ridges in?
do they seem comfortable now that you’ve had them a few days?

Arch support for me is always something I've had to get used to when buying new shoes since I'm flat footed. So I can't really give a good response regarding that.

Like others stated already, the tread is more of a gummy/grabby texture. Looking at the soles made me unsure about it's ability to keep sure footing, but while in the yard I tested then by walking among a bunch 20' of logs piled up & it offered sure footing compared to standard boot soles. I've always liked agressive soles on shoes for added traction, but if I were to do much hiking on an incline & want this style boot I'd buy the Schnees ADV boot. They also offer resoling & you can upgrade to the ADV later on if desired if you purchased their standard soles like LL Bean has.

Back
Top Bottom