• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bear Creek Arsenal. Y'all ain't going to BELIEVE this.

heyitsshane

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
92   0
Reaction score
This is a little long, folks- bear with me, it's comedy gold.

OK, so I know BCA has been deemed junk all over the place. For a few "el cheapo" plinker rifles I have used their uppers before and it's been OK. They go bang, they kill beer cans. The Harbor Freight of AR's I guess.

So, a couple of months ago I got one of their emails advertising a complete 7.62x39 upper for $179. Pretty much too good to be true, and the YouTube reviews were positive for the most part. So I ordered it. Finally got some time to take it out last week. Put in the same mag I use on my other 7.62x39 AR and some regular ol' Wolf Ammo. Put my booger hook on the bang switch, and.. click.

Figured it was a hard primer or something, so I went to eject the round. Stuck. Went to eject the round again, with a little more grunt. Stuck. Said a couple of F words and pulled back on the charging handle again.. nada.

So I take the upper off, and carefully put it in another bag. Put a label on it that says LIVE ROUND IN THE CHAMBER.

Emailed BCA Customer Service Friday, sent this:

Fri, Jan 17, 9:25 AM (4 days ago) to customerservice Hi there, I purchased a 7.62x39 upper in September and just got around to taking it to the range- the first time I attempted to fire it, the round did not fire and upon trying to eject the round I found that the bolt assembly was completely frozen up and I could not retract the charging handle, the live round is still in the chamber, I assume the chamber is out of spec. I've used the lower receiver on another upper I purchased from you with no issue. Can you please issue a return authorization? The original order information is below.

Emailed them through their customer service contact us today and got a generic response about how to issue a return.

I responded with:

Thank you, Vanessa. Please note that this upper has a LIVE ROUND stuck in it. I will put a label on it but please for the safety of your staff attach a note to this return. I will log in and generate a label now.

Thanks again

The phone rings. It's Vanessa from Customer Service saying that gee whiz you can't ship one back with a live round in it. I ask her what I need to do. She puts me on hold while she consults someone.

5 Minute hold.

She comes back and very enthusiastically asks me if I HAVE TRIED TO PUT A DOWEL DOWN THE BARREL AND HAMMER IT OUT. A LIVE 7.62X39 ROUND ATTACHED TO A BCG THAT IS WEDGED IN PLACE.

I explained to her how doing something like that would be.. foolish and cause loss of life. I also went full Karen and asked to speak to "the gosh darned manager or owner or whatever nice person is in charge". In.. fewer words.

5 minute hold. Informed that someone will be getting back in touch with me.

Now.. I have been around guns a good bit, I'm no gunsmith but I've built a lot of AR's. I know better than to do something stupid like that. But what if I was your average tacticool neckbeard that had no clue? They actually recommended smacking out a live round from the muzzle end with a dowel. I'm flabbergasted.

Said all that to say this: FS/FT: 7.62x39 upper, deal of the day! :D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom