• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bear hunting questions?

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
First year looking to do a bear hunt. I had one come through my trail cam a couple days ago. He’s not the biggest guy but would like to try to get one this year

So what are you guys used for bait/attractant? Any other tips to bring them in?

17F1DF09-4E4C-4CE3-AD0F-9595BC832EA5.jpeg
301A114D-6B7A-4AD7-B3A1-3976F7789CFC.jpeg

I don’t know about n ga but these mid ga bears are treated better than the white folks.its very hard to kill one that’s not full of corn.they are not many killed,if you kill one I’ve heard the dnr request for you to take them to the kill site.

Yeah middle GA is a little more strict when it comes to bears. I am in Jasper which has a little less bears compared to going a little further north.

really want to get one. For a couple reasons one love to have a good bearskin rug to of heard a lot of good things about bear fat and the third reason I’ve heard a lot of guys say the meat is really good if cooked right. It’s also hot I’ve never done

Yeah you’re not supposed to shoot over bait in Georgia. However you can use the attractants.

I used to have a place to hunt up there. Looking for another so a can get a good bear hunt in
Have regulations changed? I thought bear could not be baited in Georgia. And with all the corn around, kind a hard to keep it separate.
I see a good bit of bear around the Ellijay area. I had one bump into my ladder stand one day while bow hunting.

Yea correct in Georgia you can’t hunt them over bait. We can though in Michigan and that’s where we used to use the dog food and bacon grease.

Back
Top Bottom