• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bear hunting questions?

Get a regulations book its all in there.

can’t hunt over bait.

Their noses are incredible so anything that smells like food will get them curious.

A “ friend” told me they like grape cool-aid powder, sardines, tuna or anything else smelly.
Just human body odor will make them stop, turn, stand up, sniff, drool, get down and aggressively Rock back and forth and scare the heck out of you especially if they weigh 650#.
it’s awesome when this Happens right as you’re about to get out of your stand at last light then they circle around you and bust branches and make scary groaning sounds while breathing heavily.

seems like the bear population has grown at least in my familiar spots they have.
Anywhere from Dawson and north of that you may have a good chance of running into some especially on steep ridge paths with lots of laurel cover.

Yeah you’re not supposed to shoot over bait in Georgia. However you can use the attractants.

I used to have a place to hunt up there. Looking for another so a can get a good bear hunt in
Let me talk to a friend that lives in Jasper. He has done guided bear hunts there for years, but don’t know if he’s doing them this year. Hell, I don’t even know when the season starts.

Im pretty sure that would still be considered bait. Bears are scavenger, they love sweets and dead stuff and anything in between. It would be the same if you used vanilla extract or maple extract or a donut. In the eyes of the DNR that is bait. Now if you wanted to use a bear Scent, like bear bomb or urine that would be ok. I wouldnt use a product that is meant for human consumption

Im pretty sure that would still be considered bait. Bears are scavenger, they love sweets and dead stuff and anything in between. It would be the same if you used vanilla extract or maple extract or a donut. In the eyes of the DNR that is bait. Now if you wanted to use a bear Scent, like bear bomb or urine that would be ok. I wouldnt use a product that is meant for human consumption
I’m on private land from the the trail cam pics. I’m not going to do bait. From what I understand the attractants are still OK.

was just more curious to get insight from experienced bear hunters. Goal of mine to get one this year

Back
Top Bottom