• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bear Hunting!

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
So who is going to intentionally target Bear this year? I've thought about it, but never actually done it. This year most of my big game hunting will be specifically for Bear and I'm pumped about it. I've got the place and am scouting pretty hard. I've already seen one.

I have been up to the North Ga Mountains a few times and camped to hunt bears. I have seen signs of bears, but they are nowhere to be found. Where you going to hunt them at? Here in GA?

If you hunt in the mountains you better have a lot of friends with you if you kill a biggun. Other than that good luck. Oh yea, evening hunts in the mountains seem better than mornings.

I have been up to the North Ga Mountains a few times and camped to hunt bears. I have seen signs of bears, but they are nowhere to be found. Where you going to hunt them at? Here in GA?
Yep. I've joined a club that is at the foot hills of the Blue Ridge and connects to the national forest where there is no other easy access. 1800 acres of club and 10,000 acres of NF.

If you hunt in the mountains you better have a lot of friends with you if you kill a biggun. Other than that good luck. Oh yea, evening hunts in the mountains seem better than mornings.
The place I'm on has a good private road system. That's one of the things I was looking for before joining. It won't be easy, but it won't be crazy hard either.

USED TO HUNT WARWOMEN MANAGEMENT AREA AND CAMP FOR A WEEK UP THERE. SAW LOT OF SIGN BUT NEVER GOT ONE WHILE HUNTING. GOT TO REALLY DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND DIDNT HAVE THE TIME BACK THEN TO PRE-SEASON SCOUT. EAT GOOD WHOLE TIME , COOKED OVER CAMPFIRE EVERY MEAL, ND BEING OUT DOORS MADE IT WORTH WHILE FOR ME.

Back
Top Bottom