• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bear Hunting!

Killed a pretty good one last season while specifically camping/hunting public land for a bear. She dressed 275# Last one I killed was a few years ago...long enough to forget how much work it is pulling one of them out of the woods. 80yds off hand shot with a 1969 flat bolt Ruger 308. I'm 6'6" 230# for size reference on the hand pic.

IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1354.JPG
IMG_1355.JPG

Killed a pretty good one last season while specifically camping/hunting public land for a bear. She dressed 275# Last one I killed was a few years ago...long enough to forget how much work it is pulling one of them out of the woods. 80yds off hand shot with a 1969 flat bolt Ruger 308. I'm 6'6" 230# for size reference on the hand pic.

View attachment 1266330 View attachment 1266331 View attachment 1266332
Nice!

Fortunately, it's now legal to quarter them before packing them out.

They're already moving along the Etowah river this year, that's a month or two earlier than we've seen them in previous years. We've had to electrify the dumpster at the gun club, usually it's October when we have to do that.

Last year it was a Mom and 2 cubs with only one sighting of a large male.
This year the only one seen was a large lone bear...

I have never been but I would love to go. I have never even seen a bear in the wild - grew up in South GA.

2 years ago we watched one cross the powerlines, I remember saying most people will never see a bear in the wild in their whole life. Even in a zillion hours of deer hunting I had never seen a bear in the woods until then.
Hope you do, it was pretty cool....

2 years ago we watched one cross the powerlines, I remember saying most people will never see a bear in the wild in their whole life. Even in a zillion hours of deer hunting I had never seen a bear in the woods until then.
Hope you do, it was pretty cool....

That is awesome. I have a buddy in Dahlonega who let's me hunt. I may see one up there.

I want a bear soooo bad, that's on my bucket list. I just have no idea where to go and actually have a chance at seeing one. I've been to Cohutta several times and never seen anything but sign.

Anybody need a hunting partner?....:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom