• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bears love fried catfish

Torn

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
52   0
Reaction score
Fried some catfish and hushpuppies this evening and just as I finished cleaning up old Yogi came looking for a snack. Everytime I fry fish there will be a bear at the back porch within an hour or two. Had one steal two steaks off the grill a few years ago.

D6ED3E2F-B8CF-49F8-B323-8E017562609C.jpeg

14447DF3-D793-4435-B3C1-2BB3B95D9795.jpeg

We go to fish house and eat every Friday night! Know how the bear fills got to have my fix lol!
When I was a kid, every friday my Dad and Granddad would go to St. Marks, just south of Tallahassee, and get fresh mullet and fry’em up along with hushpuppies and served with slaw and cheese grits. I’m keeping the tradition alive with catfish or trout since I ain’t been able to net any mullet up here out of Rock Creek lake. ;)

When I was a kid, every friday my Dad and Granddad would go to St. Marks, just south of Tallahassee, and get fresh mullet and fry’em up along with hushpuppies and served with slaw and cheese grits. I’m keeping the tradition alive with catfish or trout since I ain’t been able to net any mullet up here out of Rock Creek lake. ;)
As a kid in the Keys I loved the smoke mullet..Great smoked.

As a kid in the Keys I loved the smoke mullet..Great smoked.
Oh yeah. My father-in-law would smoke mullet and he made a killer turtle soup and fried turtle fritters to go with it. Only thing it needed was an ice cold beer and a sunset. Speaking of the Keys, don’t get me started on conch fritters and Key Lime pie!

Love St Marks and the Riverside Cafe on the River.

Oh yeah. My father-in-law would smoke mullet and he made a killer turtle soup and fried turtle fritters to go with it. Only thing it needed was an ice cold beer and a sunset. Speaking of the Keys, don’t get me started on conch fritters and Key Lime pie!

You have not been treated to Fried Conch not the fritters, just pure meat Conch...Fritters spread the flavor out but much less impact on the taste buds..Pure meat is out of this world....:hungry:

Back
Top Bottom