• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bears love fried catfish

You have not been treated to Fried Conch not the fritters, just pure meat Conch...Fritters spread the flavor out but much less impact on the taste buds..Pure meat is out of this world....:hungry:
When I lived in St. Croix, USVI we would dive and get them, drill a hole in the shell to pull the meat out then fry it. You’re absolutely right,you hear harps and angels sing while you eat it. :thumb:

Grew up in south Florida. Can't beat fresh conch, shrimp and stone crab claws straight from the salt water to the pot.
We used to go to Joe's Stone Crab on South beach when the season was in, did that just before going to Nam...Nice thing about the stones, you can pull the claw off and throw the crab back..He will grow a new one...

Monty's in Coconut grove, was across the street from my Reserve Center. Still in operation. Was stationed on a Mine Sweeper in Port Everglades. We use swing the spot lights to the bay side, drop our crab traps and net shrimp from the boat at night. Caught stone crabs, shrimp, trigger fish and longustas. Always caught enough for the duty groups dinner. From the water to the pot. Can't get much fresher than that.

Monty's in Coconut grove, was across the street from my Reserve Center. Still in operation. Was stationed on a Mine Sweeper in Port Everglades. We use swing the spot lights to the bay side, drop our crab traps and net shrimp from the boat at night. Caught stone crabs, shrimp, trigger fish and longustas. Always caught enough for the duty groups dinner. From the water to the pot. Can't get much fresher than that.
That sure beat the mystery meat dinners, sliders or **** on a shingle.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom