• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beating a dead horse......pocket pistols

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
Oh the dilemma of having too many choices when it comes to a small carry pistol. I am in the market for a small "pocket" pistol. I can't make up my mind which one to get. Price is not an issue.

In order from best to worst:

Kimber Solo, I love the look and feel of it. It's double action which is what I like....just wish it was DA/SA. Keep hearing negative reviews about how they are picky on ammo.

Sig P238/P938. I really like these minus the fact they are single action only....my mind would be made up if they were DA/SA. Decently priced. Quality and feel seem top notch. Plus the safety....grrrrr

S&W Shield....This seems to be the most practical out of the ones on my list. DAO, Cheap, reliable, and the ergonomics are good. Major flaw to this one is the Safety...I'm not a fan of safeties on a carry weapon.

Kahr PM9. I like the look and feel of these. I've had a CW9 and it was pretty good. I just dislike the fact that when you insert a new magazine you just can't pull the slide back and it goes all the way forward. It locks back and you have to release it...that is retarded to me.

Ruger LC9/LCP. I have a love/hate relationship with these. I have owned 4 of the LCP's. I HATE shooting them. recoil combined with the lonnnnnggggg trigger pull is just a hassle to me. I do love how easy they are to conceal though.

I wouldn't neccessary "pocket" carry these but IWB would be the majority of how i would carry it.
Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I'd pick the Sig or the Colt Mustang. I carry the Colt Government Pocketlite and my husband carries the Sig P938. Love to shot both. We do own a LCP and it is an easy carry but I don't like shooting it and I prefer to carry a gun I shoot a lot.
Just me opinion.

Solo=just too much $$ for what you are getting
Sig P238= outstanding true pocket gun
Shield is a great option
Kahr= if the gun needs 500 rounds through it to "break in" mehhh
LC9= XDS is twice the gun

My 2 cents is get a good belt and holster and give the G26 a shot. It's really nothing to carry with the right rig and you are not a fan of manual safeties on carry guns. :)

Is it pocket carry or not? I pocket carried a Shield for a few months, too big for me. I can pocket carry my CM 9 with ease. I have also pocket carried a LCR 357, nice.

Back
Top Bottom