• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beats All I've Ever Seen!!

I have said that in the past when I really wanted the gun but did not want to make a 300 mile round trip. The good price can turn out not so good when you add $50.00 in gas and 4 hours drive time to the deal. I have also had a couple of sellers agree to meet me closer to home and we made the deal. Not always a line of BS or just to build post count. However, I am sure some use it for that.

I have said that in the past when I really wanted the gun but did not want to make a 300 mile round trip. The good price can turn out not so good when you add $50.00 in gas and 4 hours drive time to the deal. I have also had a couple of sellers agree to meet me closer to home and we made the deal. Not always a line of BS or just to build post count. However, I am sure some use it for that.
I know you personally as an honest man, which makes you an exception to my topic. I once drove about 350 miles round trip to purchase a basic Handi Rifle for $200 (my house to Savannah and back) and gave the guy $225 since he drove a little further than he had planned to meet me. Simply because I wanted that particular rifle bad enough. Distance is just a simple bother to many folks on here, not me.

Well, being from Southeast GA, it does me no good to say that because I have to travel for every deal, lol

If I want something bad enough, I get off my lazy ass, drive and go get it. It's just that simple. Some people act as though driving to make a deal is a crime. They absolutely must have the upperhand dollarwise on every deal they make. Heaven forbid they spend $20 on gas to go get something they have been wanting. I'm guessing that those same people would drive 20 miles round trip to save $0.03 per gallon on gas though, just so they will have bragging rights at work.

:doh:

Back
Top Bottom