• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Been lookin' for a truck, but.....

Looking good brother. Glad to see her progress. You are most assuredly the right new owner.
Appreciate it and still am very thankful for the good deal. I will hopefully still have this in 4 years when my son starts driving. I think it will make a capable daily driver for him.

A few months back I picked up a 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo (WJ) from yodizan yodizan with 116k miles. I don't plan on hauling heavy loads; primarily trips to Home Depot, motorcycles, 4 wheeler, small camper, etc. so I just gave up on the search for a truck since everyone wants top dollar for their garbage wagons anyways. Figure why pay for an extra vehicle, insurance and maintenance when I already have one plenty capable for our use, and it's 4wd. Since I picked it up, I added a few things just to bring it up to date a bit, but thanks to yodizan yodizan , the interior is a time capsule.

Added/replaced the following:
  • Tailgate lift struts
  • Tailgate glass lift struts
  • Hood lift struts
  • Passenger mirror
  • Android plug and play stereo
  • Tweeters
  • Drilled rotors
  • Brakes
  • Emergency brake shoes
  • Front passenger lock actuator
  • Rear driver lock actuator
  • Water Pump
  • Serpentine belt
  • Idler pulley
  • Thermostat
  • Transfer case switch
  • Rough Country 2" lift
  • Tow hitch receiver
  • Trailer wiring harness
  • Rain guards
  • Headlights
  • Tail lights
  • Restored exterior trim
  • Added cargo basket
  • Fresh oil
  • Fresh coolant
That being said, none of this needed to be done other than the transfer case switch and brakes, I've just been tinkering with it the last few months and addressed little things that come with an aging vehicle. Personally, I don't think this thing looks like a 23 year old vehicle.

Here's the ol' rig in all her glory
View attachment 4265119
View attachment 4265120View attachment 4265123View attachment 4265121View attachment 4265122

Here's the before...
View attachment 4265125
GM, sweet ride and good looking, too. Happy trails and may God bless America.

Thank you. I think a lot of people project their ego based on what they drive but that often comes at a huge price. I'm getting older and don't feel the need to have a $600 payment for something that will be used very seldom. That money staying in my pocket can go ahead and gain interest.
trucks are like magnum condoms.

Back
Top Bottom