• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Been there. Thank God phone cams didn't exist

Sigo

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
1   0
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-police-officer-illinois-threatens-105125678.html

This makes me wonder what led up to this. Did he confront them and they refuse to move on? Most folks don't go immediately to take down when a kid walks on their grass.

I lived in a neighborhood in Colorado Springs. There was minimal gang activity, but it was getting closer. Some teens in our neighborhood were "Wannabees". They weren't in a gang, but dressed like it, roved in groups and started causing trouble in the neighborhood. If any adult confronted them, there home was vandalized soon after the incident. We can take the race part of this out, because in our neighborhood, these kids were white.

I was reassigned to Germany, so had to sell the house. Part of that was getting the front yard looking good. We lived on a corner lot, and the Wannabees started cutting the corner and wearing a path through the front yard. One day while working in the yard, three of them followed their well worn path. I always initially treat folks nicely, so I asked, "Hey, guys, I'm trying to get the house ready for sale, so I need the yard to look good. Could you please use the sidewalk?"

The top dog responded, "F#@k you, Old Man." I was in my early thirties, so Old Man was not my usual moniker. I tried a new tack. I walked up to the speaker and explained to him that I was not afraid of him and his buddies. I then explained that since he spoke up, I would direct all future action to him. I told him that I saw they were on the street late at night and I could deal with them any time. I saidn I knew what they did to other homes when folks confronted them.

"Here's the deal," I stepped closer, "If I see any of your buddies walk in my front yard, I will come find you and I will beat your @ss. Not theirs. Yours. If someone messes with my family, I will beat your @ss. If anything happens to my dog, my house or my yard, I will beat your @ss." He asked me what if someone does it and its not them. "That will suck for you, because if anything happens, I will come for you." His response was that he would call the police which made me start laughing. "Let me spell this out for you. You do something to me, I beat your @ss and you call the COPS. When they get here, they see you, a gangbanger wannabee and me, an officer in the US Army. Who's story are they gonna believe?"

I had the best lawn in the neighborhood after that and my neighbors who witnessed it thanked me for dealing with those kids. They took their trouble elsewhere. It may have been different had they had cameras back then...

Back when I was in middle school I was visiting a buddy of mine that lived in a neighborhood.

We were walking around the neighborhood and cut across a guys lawn. We hadn't noticed that the guy was over on the side of the house doing something.

He yelled "Hey! What are you doing in my yard?!"

Being the smartass I was, I said "We're walking. What does it look like?"

Next thing I knew, that guy was chasing us up the street with an ax.

We took a different route back home that day and I've never cut across ANYONES lawn since. LOL

Back when I was in middle school I was visiting a buddy of mine that lived in a neighborhood.

We were walking around the neighborhood and cut across a guys lawn. We hadn't noticed that the guy was over on the side of the house doing something.

He yelled "Hey! What are you doing in my yard?!"

Being the smartass I was, I said "We're walking. What does it look like?"

Next thing I knew, that guy was chasing us up the street with an ax.

We took a different route back home that day and I've never cut across ANYONES lawn since. LOL
Next time carry your phone...

Next time carry your phone...
That was back in the 80's.

The only phone we had was hanging on the wall in the kitchen with a long curly cord on it.

I didn't want my dad knowing anything about the ax incident anyway, because he would've kicked my ass for cutting through people's yards and smarting off at an adult. LOL

That was back in the 80's.

The only phone we had was hanging on the wall in the kitchen with a long curly cord on it.

I didn't want my dad knowing anything about the ax incident anyway, because he would've kicked my ass for cutting through people's yards and smarting off at an adult. LOL
Mine too. I made the mistake of telling on a "Crazy Neighbor". Once.

I lived outside of Chicago in the late 80's and had the same problem with a couple of "boys" in the neighborhood. Their mischievous actions were slowly working their way down the street towards my house. I caught up with the "ringleader" one afternoon while driving into the subdivision. He was in front of his house -- I stopped my truck (did not get out or they would have run off). I explained to the "Ute" that I knew what he and his buddies were doing. I told him almost the same thing -- I said almost. I told him that I would not go to the Police. I told him that this was between him and me. I informed him that if anything happened to my house -- I would find him -- catch him -- then slowly rip his arms off -- and beat him to death with the bloody stumps. I never raised my voice -- but did this all in a pleasant -- but no nonsense manner. After which I bid him a pleasant afternoon. Surprisingly nothing happened to my house or mailbox. We moved out shortly after that to a job transfer so I can not say what long-term effects my little discussion had with the "Ute".......

Back
Top Bottom