• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beer, Butts and Benelli's...and Hooters girls. Ok jk about that last part...I guess.

Good idea?

• Total voters

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
210   0
Reaction score
So I'm just wondering how (or if) this would work.

I'll say right up front that I'm thinking of a way to sell quite a few guns and gear without going through all the pic posting, ads and driving...and mods that's not a slap I'm just thinking this would be a nice social way to sell/trade some stuff....and meet some ODT'ers.

What if a member (or two) had a private sale, invitation only, and provided some meat and refreshments. (This could go from weiners on the grill to putting a hog on the pit!)
Then arrange a friendly, fun shooting contest of some kind followed by a private showing/auction of some collectible Colts, Smith's, Brownings, Winchesters, etc- maybe even hire an auctioneer. Then throw in some Tacticool guns, .22's, whatever at end of auction if they were high end or "custom".

You know, higher end stuff could go thru a live auction (some maybe no reserve?) and plastic stuff could go on a table with silent auction type sheets for bids. Or we could limit stuff at first event to high end stuff...with Glocks, 10/22's and such going on silent auction table in back. Or have a separate event for plastic guns and AR's?

Invitees would be able to put their guns in the live auction...or on the silent auction table. Host(s) would get 10% (negotiable) gift from sellers to offset cost of refreshments, auctioneer, whatever.

What I'm envisioning is sort of a cross between an ODT M&G, gun show, gun auction and NWTF banquet.
But just choosing the good parts of each. Who knows...maybe a poker game would break out. Then you could tell your grandkids about the gun you lost (or won?) on an inside straight draw.

IDK...maybe I just have too much time on my hands...lol.

Back
Top Bottom