• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Belly band holster?

NorthGA_Recon

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone out there is currently carrying with a belly band holster? Or if you have had previous experience with one. I was thinking about getting one because the IWB holsters do not really work out for me well because I am in and out of cars all day at work and it's always digging in or getting banged around. I know it's not a big investment (most are less than 25 bucks) I'd just rather not waste the money. Thanks for any input.

I like em

I've used Smart Carry and a small nylon fanny pack

There are others
I saw a new company advertising them in the NRA magazine
Can't remember the name

If you absolutely have to remain concealed
They are the way to go

Depends on what you're carrying also

A air weight S&W chiefs special or a keltec P380
Is alot easier to conceal than a 1911 or Glock

Get a Thunderwear holster haha. No but seriously, I'm not convinced that a belly band would fix your problem. You're still stuffing a gun in your pants, so it's still there to dig and get banged around. But again, I've never used a belly band so take this is for what it's worth. It almost sounds like you just need a smaller gun IMO.

I just got a sig p238 for that reason. I'm literally in and out of 20+ cars a day, and sometimes each car 4 or 5 times, it gets annoying. I've a got a little OWB holster for it which is great/comfortable but it doesn't conceal well with a thin tshirt on.

I just got a sig p238 for that reason. I'm literally in and out of 20+ cars a day, and sometimes each car 4 or 5 times, it gets annoying. I've a got a little OWB holster for it which is great/comfortable but it doesn't conceal well with a thin tshirt on.

Nice, the 238 is definitely tiny. Based on what you are saying, your experience with the IWB holster was with a larger gun? I may be asking the obvious question here, but have you tried the IWB with the 238? Your problem may be solved by simply having a smaller gun and you may not need to invest in a belly band. Some people seem to like the belly bands, some don't. I personally think it would annoy the heck out of me. Jsut my $0.02.

I could only find one style IWB at the local gun stores around here for the p238 and I didn't like it, so before ordering one I was just tossing around my options and wanted some input on the belly band style holsters.

I use one when I really want to go concealed. It works really well for that but I don't think it would be really practical for everyday use. JMO.

I have tried the belly band (as above - Amazon) in 6" as well as a 5" version and the Smary Carry. At the time I got them, my belly was my worst enemy and they were not feasible. I opted for a version of the Cell Pal and have used it for almost 3 years now. My EDC, a Taurus PT145 carries quite well. (...and I lost about 25 pounds of that belly!). http://www.concealedcomfort.com/

Back
Top Bottom