• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benchmade vs microtech

crash_6906

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
121   0
Reaction score
Ok guys I've been carrying an infidel for the past 6 years everyday. I have to send it back once a year to get cleaned and the springs replaced due to misfires. I haven't had it back 3 months and it's already not opening strong enough to lock the blade out when it fires sometimes. I've always heard microtechs are the king of otf knives. But are they that much better than benchmade to justify the switch? I've been eyeing a dirac for a while now but just don't know much about them.

If you go MT get the Combat Troodon. It's a little bigger than your Infidel but the firing strength in both directions is second to none. I've had mine for almost 4 years, EDC literally everyday and it has never been cleaned or sent back. It fires the same as it did when new. The other smaller ones are good but not nearly the beast the CT is.

Microtech ;) I carry a utx-85 daily and love it. Only problem I’ve had was when debris gets down in there, but all I’ve had to do is take some compressed air and a little gun oil and good as new

Ok guys I've been carrying an infidel for the past 6 years everyday. I have to send it back once a year to get cleaned and the springs replaced due to misfires. I haven't had it back 3 months and it's already not opening strong enough to lock the blade out when it fires sometimes. I've always heard microtechs are the king of otf knives. But are they that much better than benchmade to justify the switch? I've been eyeing a dirac for a while now but just don't know much about them.

Dirac Delta is AWESOME it is close (maybe better) than the CT WC1911guy WC1911guy mentioned... I do have a couple of Benchmades but quit buying them years ago.

DO NOT show him yours! :)

Dirac Delta is AWESOME it is close (maybe better) than the CT WC1911guy WC1911guy mentioned... I do have a couple of Benchmades but quit buying them years ago.

DO NOT show him yours! :)

The dirac delta is the one I've been eyeing, just can't find one. That's crazy that the combat trodoon hasn't been serviced in 4 years and is still going strong. I literally send mine in at least once a year.

I threw my CT in the sand in July and then washed it out in the ocean.... Still hasn’t misfired.

The owner of MT is a dirt bag but they make good ****.....

The only problem I have with my infidel is when I'm pointing it downwards and try to retract the blade, it won't fire back hard enough to lock it in. Any other direction is no problem. Hell that might be all OTF knives, I'm not sure

The only problem I have with my infidel is when I'm pointing it downwards and try to retract the blade, it won't fire back hard enough to lock it in. Any other direction is no problem. Hell that might be all OTF knives, I'm not sure

Nope not true with any of my MT's... Several styles of OTF's

Back
Top Bottom