• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benchmade vs microtech

a 940 , Mini Adamas, and a Mini Presidio II are my EDC rotation. love all 3. thinking of getting a UTX-70 or 85 just for the cool factor.

i looked at and liked the Benchmade Phaeton but its a bit pricey.

My rant.
Recently decided to go to a high end knife for every day carry. Haven't purchased a higher end knife since back in the early 90's when Cold Steel was a primo knife.
Looking through the messages here I decided to go for a Bench Made as I could easily order
online from the manufacturer and know I would not get a fake. Would also looked at Microtech
except there is not a good dealer near me. Okay, now for the rest of the story.
Ordered a Bench Made. Pay Pal is the only payment on there site. No problem.
After ordered it was one day for the email telling me it has shipped. Wonderful.
Follow the tracking, 12 days later USPS is still waiting for the package.
Email Bench Made, response is canned and says order will be shipped as promised.
There site states will ship in about 2 weeks. On there web site also says they are a North American
company selling quality items. Today the USPS finally shows package is enroute to them in Commifornia. It apparently took 2+ weeks to get here and through customs.
I'm ranting and questioning whether Bench Made is really what they say on there website.
Here is there Pay Pal address.
It shows up in Chinese script on my Pay Pay account.
Seller info
Guangzhou Hailai Traders
Invoice ID
139217-FDG04972
Purchase details
Benchmade 3310BK Infidel AUTO OTF 3.95" S30V Black Plain Drop Point

mhg

Something is up with that big time. I've had at least 4-5 orders from their website and have never had anything at all like that happen. It always comes straight from their factory in Oregon and there has been times where I have had to wait a while for a knife that was backordered or something. But it still never had any Chinese or anything like that on it, and every time they have sent me a tracking number, it's already shipped out.

Edit, disregard, saw where you went to the wrong website

Benchmade won't sell automatics to the public. **** them. **** microtech to. I will not likely ever buy another one. I prefer Curtiss or Michael Burch anyway.

Back
Top Bottom