• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta 92FS Compact Railed

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Been wanting to go to a DA/SA for off-duty carry, as my duty weapon has the same action. Because of this, I've been carrying my duty P229 off-duty more and more, and my G19 less and less.

I recently acquired a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier and like it a lot. Always liked the Beretta 92 series. Decided to do a smaller version of the big Beretta for off-duty carry, so I purchased a Beretta 92FS Compact Railed.

Did some research and made a few calls to Wilson Combat. Other than their laser-engraved logo, there is no work that they would to my 92FSC that I can't do myself, at a savings of over $400.

Ordered all the parts I need to customize the 92FSC, they'll start to trickle in over the next several days. Elite II hammer, steel trigger, extra power recoil spring, G10 grips in Dirty Olive, mag guide, D hammer spring (and an ISMI 19lb hammer spring for comparison), and a couple different mag releases to try out. When the parts come in I can slick up the action. I also plan on doing a recessed or reversed barrel crown.

I'll carry it with a Surefire XC-1 mounted. As soon as I get a chance, I'll go by Blackpoint Tactical and have them build a Leather WING holster for it; strong-side OWB with no cant, and a magazine/flashlight combo pouch. I'll carry a 13rd mag in the weapon and a full-size 15rd mag for a reload.

IMG_2092.JPG

The 92C is my preferred Beretta. I like it more and I shoot it better.
I have both versions, with and without rail. The one I carry has practically all the upgrades that you mentioned except that I use the factory recoil spring, my hammer spring is a Wilson #14 (a little lighter that the D spring), I installed short reach trigger and I sent it out for a single side low profile G conversion. I installed the Novak rear sight as well, and polished the action to make it a little smother.
FYI, if you want to convert yours to G by yourself, Berettausa now offers a conversion kit. It is not low profile but on the other side it does not cost $200+ like mine. http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

Congratulations ! :)

reminds me of my first gun ever, a Taurus 917c (compact pt92) that my dad gave me and I still have sitting in the safe.
wm_2988144.jpg

I think you mean the Taurus reminds you of the Beretta...:boink:

haha either way. I do love how close of clones these are as I own a couple actual 92's I've compared it to in the past. I wish it had the fit and finish of the berretta's but mannnnn is the safety location x1000 better.

The 92C is my preferred Beretta. I like it more and I shoot it better.
I have both versions, with and without rail. The one I carry has practically all the upgrades that you mentioned except that I use the factory recoil spring, my hammer spring is a Wilson #14 (a little lighter that the D spring), I installed short reach trigger and I sent it out for a single side low profile G conversion. I installed the Novak rear sight as well, and polished the action to make it a little smother.
FYI, if you want to convert yours to G by yourself, Berettausa now offers a conversion kit. It is not low profile but on the other side it does not cost $200+ like mine. http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

Congratulations ! :)

I've had the G conversion on backorder for a while now. Still waiting.

In the meantime, I removed the right side safety lever and shortened/rounded the left side. Less chance now of inadvertent activation.

Back
Top Bottom