• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta 96 Centurion Tritium Front Sight Replacement

SemperFi1074

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
Semper Fi! Always Faithful!
237   0
Reaction score
9B46F905-8F69-4961-9A64-744FE41289FC.jpeg A9621454-4272-4FFE-A0B8-16E495D2A635.jpeg 0079A16E-62CC-482C-96E5-0B92FB56C9A5.jpeg 35930588-1CC5-4451-ABE8-3FDC8B86E514.jpeg

A while back I purchased a Beretta 96 Centurion from an ODT Member. This model came with factory installed Trijicon night sights, which I was told were still self-illuminating, but later found out after the sale they were virtually dead.

Over the last few months tried to find out where I might get these sights replaced, and contacted Trijicon who used to drill out old sights. Found out that due to changes in NRC regulations Trijicon could no longer change out old tritium sights. A couple other shops that used to do this work could not perform this work as well. I thought I was stuck with old non-illuminating tritium sights on this weapon and was fairly disappointed.

Searching the web just a few weeks ago in a last ditch effort I came across the Amerigun USA website. It appeared they had a method of replacing fixed front sight on Beretta models and I reached out and contacted them to confirm. The owner Gary McVety called back and left a message, and confirmed they could do the work. The process they use is to cut off the old front sight without compromising the tritium vial, leaving a portion of the front sight post in place. They then machine the front sight area and mill out a dovetail slot for installation of a new Trijicon tritium front night sight, which by the way leaves the new front sight at the original height of the old front sight.

I shipped the slide to Amerigun USA on a Friday afternoon and waited for the work to be completed. In less than 7 days my slide was returned with brand new rear and front Trijicon sights. The entire cost for the work was $260 which including them shipping the weapon back to me. I was also given at $20 credit for the existing Trijicon night sights.

I have attached some pics for the work completed. The work is excellent, top notch, customer service was fantastic, and I took the Beretta 96 to the range this past weekend and the sights are dead on!

Contact info for Amerigun USA is as follows:
4024 Marty’s Road
North Branch, MI 48461
248- 343-4854 (Ask for Nathan or Gary)
www.amerigunUSA.com

Wanted to pass this along since I am psyched that I have a fully operational Beretta 96 with new Trijicon night sights that I can replace in the future as the front sight is now dovetailed. They also do custom work such as this on other weapon platforms that have fixed, non-removable front sights.

Hope this info helps somebody out!

Semper Fi!

Marc

Hi Marc,

I have a Beretta 92D and 96D that I bought new back in the day for duty use, and both are in need of replacement night sights. I've been in touch with AmerigunUSA and received a quote for their custom dovetail conversion for the front sight.

Before sending off the slides, could you please tell me if you're still happy with the work they performed? Has the front sight drifted at all or is it solidly in place? How many rounds have you since put through the gun, and how is the slide holding up? Any cracking? How is the cold bluing holding up where they machined the front dovetail? Any rusting?

Does the quality of their work look like it came that way from the factory?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

Mark

Hi Marc,

I have a Beretta 92D and 96D that I bought new back in the day for duty use, and both are in need of replacement night sights. I've been in touch with AmerigunUSA and received a quote for their custom dovetail conversion for the front sight.

Before sending off the slides, could you please tell me if you're still happy with the work they performed? Has the front sight drifted at all or is it solidly in place? How many rounds have you since put through the gun, and how is the slide holding up? Any cracking? How is the cold bluing holding up where they machined the front dovetail? Any rusting?

Does the quality of their work look like it came that way from the factory?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

Mark
Hey Mark! Will send you some pics later today after I get off work. IMHO, the work was done professionally, looked like factory work, no difference in color, no cracking, and absolutely no change in zero that I have been able to detect several hundred rounds later.

I believe you will be pleased, will send those pics to you. Thanks for reaching out for feedback!

Marc

Back
Top Bottom