• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

beretta mod 81 .32 acp-italian police trade ins

Mine came from AIM. Found some grips on ebay. 20191021_215048.jpg

And no one has mags. They were in stock twice since the importation on Berettas website for a total of like 28 minutes.

I also replaced springs. The trigger spring is an absolute bear. It took me two nights to figure it out. I had to walk away from it a couple of times.

I got my model 81 from Aim Surplus for $209 when they first started selling them. It is about 95%, with slight blue loss on the sharp edges of the slide. Barely used, I'd say. The extra mags are impossible to find, but I did see a youtube video where a guy took a Beretta 84 380 mag and carefully (read hammered) bent the feed lips to the proper spacing , measuring frequently with a small digital caliper. It seemed to work fine in the video and I'm thinking I may go this route. The 84 mags are available fairly cheap, so even if it doesn't work that great, it's no big loss.
Any other thoughts on this?

so these are making their rounds. i picked up two for 209 plus shipping and tax (for a legit beretta come on thats good). these are basically beretta 92fs except scaled down for .32 and with frame mounted safety (yes please). double stack .32 acp gives you 12 +1 capacity (not bad)

both arrived from classic arms, both were in used but excellent condition (no huge gouges, the inside and bore was clean, functions smooth, 1 had a tiny amount of rust on the slide but that was easily removed.

i took both to the range out of box and fired 150 rounds through each (mixed FMJ of fiocchi and PPU .32), interchanging the mags. no hiccups and this gun is a soft shooter (.32 acp what to expect) but damnit is this thing accurate. i mean like stupid accurate

the bad.....spare mags are expensiver than ****; but with surplus pistols usually they do a run on the guns then the mags to follow with the second wave (if surplus logic holds up with these).

in short.....these are a buy. im gonna get a few more before they go away for good (i also have a special place in my heart for .32 acp)
Good review, like your have a soft spot for the 32 acp

I got my model 81 from Aim Surplus for $209 when they first started selling them. It is about 95%, with slight blue loss on the sharp edges of the slide. Barely used, I'd say. The extra mags are impossible to find, but I did see a youtube video where a guy took a Beretta 84 380 mag and carefully (read hammered) bent the feed lips to the proper spacing , measuring frequently with a small digital caliper. It seemed to work fine in the video and I'm thinking I may go this route. The 84 mags are available fairly cheap, so even if it doesn't work that great, it's no big loss.
Any other thoughts on this?

I bought two of the converted Beretta 84 mags. They both worked well the first outing. The second outing they jammed up so badly I had to disassemble the magazines to get the rounds out and clear the jams.

The internal dimensions of the magazine bodies are different and the cartridges don’t stack properly. Also the followers are different which is what I believe is causing the binding.

Now that I’ve bought them and am pretty much stuck with them I may sand the follower on one flat and see if it works better.

I bought two of the converted Beretta 84 mags. They both worked well the first outing. The second outing they jammed up so badly I had to disassemble the magazines to get the rounds out and clear the jams.

The internal dimensions of the magazine bodies are different and the cartridges don’t stack properly. Also the followers are different which is what I believe is causing the binding.

Now that I’ve bought them and am pretty much stuck with them I may sand the follower on one flat and see if it works better.
Let us know if that helps!

Back
Top Bottom