• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta or Benelli - *** Updated ***

Deleted member 38641

Default rank <4500 posts
US Army (Retired)
84   0
Reaction score
A short Story, Enjoy.

Most of you have seen my listings where I was trying to trade into what would be considered, a High End Shotgun. I have tried offering some of my higher end items to trade into one. The items were stuff I could live without to get what I wanted. Really I was just trying to save some money by trading I think. Well it appears that nobody wanted to trade their prized Beretta or Benelli Auto-Loading shotgun.

My wife and I have taken up the game of Skeet in the last year or more and we are both getting a little better at it. We generally have been using the TR-Imports Silver Eagle, Remington brand 1100 and 11-87 12 Gauge, Semi-Auto Shotguns. She really likes her Silver Eagle, Beretta Knock off that even uses the Beretta Mobil Chokes. It was inexpensive and good for a start. I can see having to buy another higher end for her one once we keep shooting this fun game called skeet. but she really likes hers and it has functioned flawlessly with about 800 rounds of Game Loads through it.

I could not make up my mind to go with Benelli Legacy or the Beretta A400 line. So, I searched the Interweb for reviews of which there are plenty. After meeting some very fine people and admiring their High End shooting sticks on the Skeet Range, I finally made up my mind and decided that it was finally time so, I gave up the search to trade, put my items away for my keeping then, decided to bite the bullet and spend the money on purchasing one.

So, today I ordered the Beretta A400 Xplor 12Gauge, 28". I hope I like it because it was not cheap, at least for my wallet.

Some say that I should go with an Over/Under and I thought that too until I tried one. Was not a fan and found that I prefer the Semi-Auto or Auto-Loading shotguns better.

Hope you enjoyed the read. It's just so much fun to discuss things with like minded people sometimes.

The over/under stack barrels are better for trap or clays as you can choose different chokes in each barrel (up close and far away), but they are heavier. Skeet is a much closer game, so you can live with one choke and a lighter weapon. Just my opinion. Enjoy brother!

Order yourself a Mojo pick stick if you have to pick up your empty shells. I shoot a Beretta over/under and my wife shoots a Benelli Supersport. The mojo stick makes the outings to the sporting clays range much more enjoyable.
The A400 is a great gun but we prefer the Benelli due to the ease of cleanup.

Order yourself a Mojo pick stick if you have to pick up your empty shells. I shoot a Beretta over/under and my wife shoots a Benelli Supersport. The mojo stick makes the outings to the sporting clays range much more enjoyable.
I bought my son a SuperSport for 4H Modified Trap. Those are awesome guns!
Those Mojo sticks sure save your back!

Cool, supposedly, the A400 that I ordered has an internal "self cleaning" system and it is stated to go 10,000 rounds between cleanings. I don't think I personally would ever let a gun go that long between cleanings. I too was thinking about the Benelli or the very same reason you mentioned.

As far as cleanup, lol. The Rod & Gun Club that I belong to has youngsters that Pull for you and they do all the cleanup for tips.

The over/under stack barrels are better for trap or clays as you can choose different chokes in each barrel (up close and far away), but they are heavier. Skeet is a much closer game, so you can live with one choke and a lighter weapon. Just my opinion. Enjoy brother!

Tried Trap and the wife and I prefer Skeet but Trap is fun as well. We will continue to try our hand at that as well.

I would really like to see the tube on the Beretta after 10,000 rounds and no cleaning. And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I would genuinely like to see what it looks like after that many rounds between cleaning.

I would really like to see the tube on the Beretta after 10,000 rounds and no cleaning. And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I would genuinely like to see what it looks like after that many rounds between cleaning.
Not taken as being sarcastic at all. I too would love to actually see that but, I will more than likely not let it go that far, lol.

Back
Top Bottom