• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta PX4 Compact

So these are da/sa?

Depends on which model you get. Most on the market are type F. The Px4 is available in four models:

Type F: Single and double-action. Decocker. Manual safety.
Type C: Single-action-only ("Constant Action"). Spurless hammer. No decocker. No safety.
Type D: Double-action-only. Spurless hammer. No decocker. No safety.
Type G: Single and double-action. Decocker. No manual safety.

The sub-compact (and I think compact) are available in all models as well, but models other than Type F are fairly difficult to find in my experience.

I love mine. The first owner said he put 7-800rds through it, but you'd never guess from looking at it. I've never had an issue and have shot 300, got a class coming up and I'll be putting another 200 through it then. This is most attractive pistol I own, but everything that seems just to be stylish seems to add functionality too. The Px4 sc seems to be a hair heavier than my glock27 but carries just as easy.
The recoil seems very light and you can rapid fire it and still keep a good sight picture. I'm not that good, but can put 13rds in a 18in target from 20ft in about 3 secs. It's not fair to compare appearances with a Glock, it's like comparing a 57 chevy to an 87.
I like the sa/da, I'm more comftorable keeping one in the chamber with the safety on and hammer down or up.

Last edited:
PX4-3.JPGPX4-2.JPGPX4-1.JPG
The Beretta PX4 SC is my carry weapon ( along with a Sig 238 in the front pocket.)
the Sc is very accurate out to 25 yards in my hands, typically placing 96-98 rounds out of 100 shot in the head or COM at ranges from 7 yards to 25 yards, its simply a waste to even fire the gun inside 7 yards.
the weapon is quite small an compact, being a tad heavy wiht the full maagzine of 13 rounds and a bit wider than the ruger and taurus compact 9mm but also having a lot more ammo, and the decocker is nice if one likes such things.
A couple things that i read here and would clarify .
First the full size and compact models have the rotating barrel assembly(ala Beretta Cougar) and are made in Italy, the SC (sub compact) has the typical tilt barrel and is made in The USA.
although even with the tilt barrel the recoil is virtually non existant in the pistol due to interchangeable back straps to fit ones hand and the balance of the weapon.
Beretta also offers a full set of adjustable sights for about 60 bucks for the gun.
this is my Px4SC, 3 inch barrel, 13 + 1 capacity in 9 MM.

Last edited:
Did you clean the pistol or oil it heavily before shooting it? I have a friend who bought one and the only thing it does reliably is jam. Five different ammo loads, several cleanings, and both mags and about every other or third round we either get a failure to feed or a failure to eject. Granted the issues could be mag related but I'd like to pick the brain of someone who has one to see if they do anything special with the gun. He was told by the gun store that the gun has a 500 round break in period which I don't buy.
I had the PX4 40 type C , that thing was awesome, not a single issue in 750 rounds.

comparing to a glock, umm glock hasnt upgraded thier sub compacts since Gen 2 days. Thier is no compairison, with regaurds to ruff frame and back straps. Where is the front rail on a glock??? and accuracy is God awful, I owned a 33, and had a 27 barrel, shot both caliburs 357 sig and .40 . Didnt start being accurate till I put the Steel guide rod and 24 pound recoil spring.

Back
Top Bottom