• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta Tomcat .32 acp

Bladefreak

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
Reaction score
Looking to get one of these for my mom. She has arthritic hands so the tip up barrel is a must at this point. I have cash

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Great choice. I am doing the same thing, my mom is making due with a Bobcat at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is able to operate it well. I had to do some work on the safety detent for her, making it easier to operate.

I have found women (mother, wife, staff, etc....) did not enjoy shooting the Tomcat. They all felt it was too snappy. They all took very well to the Jetfire - the 25 version. Just my 2cents...

I have found women (mother, wife, staff, etc....) did not enjoy shooting the Tomcat. They all felt it was too snappy. They all took very well to the Jetfire - the 25 version. Just my 2cents...

Very good point, but I think in these circumstances they are not looking to go to the range regularly. They are looking for "get the hell off me" simplicity.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

She can shoot other pistols and calibers fine. Its specifically the issue of racking the slide. The .32acp is the largest caliber with the tip up barrel so thats what im going to get her.

The purpose is exactly what was stated earlier. Its a get the hell off me type deal. My mom is a natural crack shot and has no problem shooting a face size group at 10 yards with anything she picks up so I am confident that she can kill an assailant as long as she can operate the weapon easily.

Ill send it off to have night sights installed and make custom grips to fit her hand just right and probably make a custom safety for her.

I have a .25 cal tilt barrel Baretta 22a in perfect condition with wood grips and 2 mags. I bought it without needing it and it sat in the safe. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2474.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 15
Looking to get one of these for my mom. She has arthritic hands so the tip up barrel is a must at this point. I have cash

Sir, I have one, if you are still looking. Frank

Back
Top Bottom