• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bergara HMR B-14 300 win mag accessorizing/build REVIEW

cmshoot cmshoot

For you guys that own a Bergara........Does the action seem soft to you? I mean it takes barely any effort to cycle the action and it is buttery smooth. I've never experienced anything like it.

It seems like it should require more force to cycle the bolt like on my seven and 700 remmies.

As long as it doesn't pop open when I squeeze the trigger and launch a bolt into my face I'll be happy. LOL

I may for the first round stand off to the side of my lead sled and squeeze the trigger. ;)

For an out of the box, sub $1000.00 rifle mine has a pretty slick action and a decent trigger.
Yessir, It's crazy smooth. I can barely feel when it picks up a round and it is a 300 win mag round. Trigger is nice as well for sure.

Given it's an estimation how much force does it take to cycle your bolt? On mine I'm gonna say less than a pound. Huge difference from my 700 and seven.

Yessir, It's crazy smooth. I can barely feel when it picks up a round and it is a 300 win mag round. Trigger is nice as well for sure.

Given it's an estimation how much force does it take to cycle your bolt? On mine I'm gonna say less than a pound. Huge difference from my 700 and seven.
No idea as to actual pressure required but I can can cycle it from lock to lock with my index finger and never come off the gun.

No idea as to actual pressure required but I can can cycle it from lock to lock with my index finger and never come off the gun.
Yep, that sounds about right. The more I play with this thing the more I like it. I just wish I could get ahold of some match ammo to really test accuracy when the time comes.

Yep, that sounds about right. The more I play with this thing the more I like it. I just wish I could get ahold of some match ammo to really test accuracy when the time comes.
Don’t know how much if any match ammo I have but I could probably hook you up with some sporting rounds if ya need it.

When you find the right ammo they like, they will amaze you. Same goes for suppressors or even muzzle devices. My 6.5 prefers my heavy ARC30 over my SiCo Harvester. I will say they have a very smooth action; but I don't own many bolt guns to compare to.

B14r carbon and 10 shoot group at range.

Attachments

• 20200821_145601.jpg
    20200821_145601.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200816_144336.jpg
    20200816_144336.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom