• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bergara precision rifles

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   0
Reaction score
I was at Chucks Firearms in Buckhead Monday, the nice gentlemen and I were discussing his TBAC Ultra 7 on his 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun with a nice Swarovski scope. I told him about my endeavors getting into long range shooting and building a custom rifle. He gladly introduced me to Bergara. He said he shot their rifles at a shoot last year and say they're one of the best precision rifles from the factory. The prices weren't bad either. Im going to look at the LRP series in .308 which is $2k. Anyone have any experiences with this brand?

For less than $1,000 you can get a Bergara HMR. I shot this 1.72" 5 shot group at 300 yards yesterday at the CMP range in Talladega with factory ammo (140gr Hornady ELD Match) with mine in 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't have a bad thing to say about it and it would give you a lot more money to put into optics.

eb271eb1f816b2e7a9c1da077204a98d.jpg

a96f1acf5294de9277189ec5e2e95fab.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

fhsjrm fhsjrm thanks for the input. I just figured for $2k groups would be better than that model. Do you shoot suppressed?

I have a 30 cal suppressor that I plan on trying on the Bergara, but I haven't yet. I'm not sure, but I don't think the increased cost for the model you're looking at is due to a better barrel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

One of the Shows on Outdoor channel did a bit on Bergara arms and they take very, very, very tight quality control restrictions on their barrels. They check the Rockwell hardness all the way down the barrel instead of just at the chamber like most big name barrel makers do. The man that makes those barrels has been doing it for something like 30 years and you would not believe some of the manufactures of AR15's they make the barrels for. They could not get into names for legality issues. They get their blanks from Spain I believe and chamber and cut the rifling there. Their quality control is unparalleled and no barrels get through that don't hit the quality check procedures. They had one of their employees take one of the guns that had the standard AR15 barrel on it and it was zeroed already and it shot one ragged hole at 100 yards with a three shot group. It did that several time to prove it wasn't a fluke. I was very impressed with the production facility and the utmost care of their manufacturing technique and quality control standards. I have been wanting to try one of their barrels for a while. They are very competitively priced and under 200 dollars I believe. As a matter of fact I already have picked one of their barrels out for my next build.

I have a bergara hmr as well and absolutely love it. It's insane the accuracy and build quality you get at the price point. You get a whole lot of rifle for under 1k for the hmr so I wouldn't hesitate to jump on one of their more premium rifles in the lrp line.

Back
Top Bottom