• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bergara precision rifles

The 6.5 CM HMR's are consistently well under sub 1/2 MOA right out of the box for a 1K MSRP rifle. Quite a few of them have come in the .2-.3's in the 6.5 CM caliber right out of the box. I have had about 6 Bergara rifles both premier action and b14 actions (Like the HMR) and I have 3 more on the way as we speak. There are quite a few agencies around Ga that have been running them for a while and quite a few new agencies on board this year. I actually spoke to one of them yesterday that just received their premier action gun and while conducting a barrel break in they shot 5/8th's of an inch at 200. They usually get better as the round count increases and they don't mind being dirty at all.

I have a 30 cal suppressor that I plan on trying on the Bergara, but I haven't yet. I'm not sure, but I don't think the increased cost for the model you're looking at is due to a better barrel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The increased cost comes from the much more robust premier action, stainless barrel with cerakote and the increased cost of the chassis. If you need your rifle to stand up to a lot of abuse, the premier action is the only way to go, or if you are on the hunt of a lifetime and may need to be able to disassemble the bolt by hand for emergency cleaning or to change an extractor. The majority will be plenty happy with the B14 action guns, but the premier action is certainly the way to go if you can afford to do so.

Burdy Burdy thanks for your support. I want to have the best possible without buying more than 1 rifle. I want to be competitive and not just in the race. I just don't want buyers remorse

I was at the range today with my buddy who also owns a 6.5 Creedmore Bergara HMR. After wrapping up, he pulled this one out on me. 3 shot group. Bone stock Bergara HMR, 6.5 CM, Dead Air Sandman S suppressor, Winchester 140 grain Match, EOTech Vudu 3.5-18, Harris Bipod, Rear Bag from a bench.You are looking at roughly a 0.145-ish inch 3 shot group, or just above 1/8th MOA in a sub $1k production gun. I should have measured outside to outside and subtracted the caliber, but you get the point...
image.jpg

Bergara barrels are awesome. All of my CVA single shots have Bergara barrels. All 6 of them shoot better than MOA at 100yds. You will not be disappointed.

River Bend Gun Club hosts monthly NRA Midrange (600yrds slow prone) matches each month.
For $20 you get to shoot 60 shots for record plus unlimited sighters at 600yrds.
The Target is the NRA MR1, a 72inch white square. You can hit it, the question is can you hit the 12inch 10-ring.
All skill levels welcome. Best thing to do is just come shoot.
Any Rifle, Any scope, it will fit in one of the NRA 6 categories, they will classify you when you show up. No pre-registration required, Rifle, Ammo, Ears and Eye protection. Bring snacks, show up at 8, shooting starts at 9, usually wraps up around 2. PM me with any questions.
cdn0.wideopenspaces.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_01_AnetteWachter600yardtarget.jpg

Everyone is friendly and willing to help, just step up and say you need a little guidance.
This month is a 2-day 120 shot match but you can shoot one day (Sat or Sun) or both.

http://www.rbgc.org/hipower/2017/2017+Mark+Skutle+Memorial+Mid+Range.pdf

Greg_D Greg_D Great suggestion. I will try to make it out there one weekend. Are cans allowed? I need to zero at 100 yards do they have a 100 yard target to zero rifles there also?

Burdy Burdy I read an earlier post about the B-14 rifle. Seems like I should get the HMR since I wont have to pause to let the gun cool down correct?

Back
Top Bottom