• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bergara precision rifles

I was at Chucks Firearms in Buckhead Monday, the nice gentlemen and I were discussing his TBAC Ultra 7 on his 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun with a nice Swarovski scope. I told him about my endeavors getting into long range shooting and building a custom rifle. He gladly introduced me to Bergara. He said he shot their rifles at a shoot last year and say they're one of the best precision rifles from the factory. The prices weren't bad either. Im going to look at the LRP series in .308 which is $2k. Anyone have any experiences with this brand?
no experience, but we been shooting 1000 to 1.400 with ruger american predator for 400. spent on gun. bill

Greg_D Greg_D Great suggestion. I will try to make it out there one weekend. Are cans allowed? I need to zero at 100 yards do they have a 100 yard target to zero rifles there also?

No, you can zero during your sighter period. You get 25 minutes for unlimited sighters and 20 shots for record.
If you have a 100 and/or 200yrd zero we can get you on paper with 3 or 4 shots. fine tune it with another 5 or 6 shots then go for record. I think they have allowed cans in the past. You can contact the match director or just bring it and ask at the match.

Burdy Burdy I read an earlier post about the B-14 rifle. Seems like I should get the HMR since I wont have to pause to let the gun cool down correct?
You will still need to let it cool. It's a medium barrel. You still want to let heavy profile barrels cool, but you get more shots before they start opening up. The HMR's really start opening up after 5 rounds or so. Seen it happen a lot at matches. Notice how everyone only wants to post 3 shot groups of them. The HMR, at it's core, is a heavy hunting rifle.

wildbill1973z28 wildbill1973z28 I have a Ruger American Predator in .308 that's my only bolt gun at the moment. What caliber are you using to reach that far?
Chief is holding his PRS?M match this weekend at Gun Site Hills. Call him up and see if he still has spots open (he probably does). More than likely there will be an HMR there. This dude from NC is at all of his matches and shoots an HMR. More than likely he will let you shoot it. Decide for yourself and see what it does at range with a string of fire. Bring the rifle you already have, shoot and have a good time. It's very laid back. Also see what others are using.

You will still need to let it cool. It's a medium barrel. You still want to let heavy profile barrels cool, but you get more shots before they start opening up. The HMR's really start opening up after 5 rounds or so. Seen it happen a lot at matches. Notice how everyone only wants to post 3 shot groups of them. The HMR, at it's core, is a heavy hunting rifle.
This. He is correct. HMR stands for Hunt/Match Rifle. Anytime you attempt to be good at two different things, you will suffer in certain areas. From a match standpoint, you will suffer with sustained fire. From a hunting standpoint, well, it's over 9 lbs. How many rounds it actually starts opening up at is dependent upon the rate of fire. I bought mine to hunt with, to heck with the extra weight.

This. He is correct. HMR stands for Hunt/Match Rifle. Anytime you attempt to be good at two different things, you will suffer in certain areas. From a match standpoint, you will suffer with sustained fire. From a hunting standpoint, well, it's over 9 lbs. How many rounds it actually starts opening up at is dependent upon the rate of fire. I bought mine to hunt with, to heck with the extra weight.
Bingo. Overall, very versatile rifle and priced well.

Just know what you are getting into and what to expect. Just like any purchase.

Burdy Burdy I would use my Ruger American for hunting purposes. This rifle will just be for long range precision. What would you consider a high rate of fire for a precision bolt rifle? 10+ rounds per minute?

Back
Top Bottom