• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bergara precision rifles

I am going to get tarred and feathered and my lunch money taken when I build (have built I should say) my next rifle but it will be a 6.5CM XLR Carbon Chassis with the 15.5" hand guard and I will pin and weld it right where the brake meets the hand guard and then run my suppressor. Max it will be a #5 taper because I am wanting to keep the gun light. I don't care about the velocity drop, I just want a light recoiling, lightweight and accurate weapon system that I can pick up and tote 400-500 yards across peanut fields to shoot hogs with at night. I can see it now, it's the type of build everyone tells you is stupid and makes no sense, but then they all want to borrow it.
Yeah that's going to cost a pretty penny. I just used real good parts and a burnt bronze chassis and it cost 1,800. I can't imagine the cost of all that carbon fiber kit. It's always worth it in the end. You gotta love it!

I am going to get tarred and feathered and my lunch money taken when I build (have built I should say) my next rifle but it will be a 6.5CM XLR Carbon Chassis with the 15.5" hand guard and I will pin and weld it right where the brake meets the hand guard and then run my suppressor. Max it will be a #5 taper because I am wanting to keep the gun light. I don't care about the velocity drop, I just want a light recoiling, lightweight and accurate weapon system that I can pick up and tote 400-500 yards across peanut fields to shoot hogs with at night. I can see it now, it's the type of build everyone tells you is stupid and makes no sense, but then they all want to borrow it.
It's a purpose built rifle. Nothing wrong with that.

Ok, of topic just a tad but,
I was getting ready to put an XLR carbon chassis on my .308 Tikka. My goal is a similar bolt rifle as described by Burdy.
Probably wont ever shoot over 600 yds. But really want a durable and accurate rifle.
My Tikka now will shoot 5 ahot groups of hunting handloads (barnes ttsx) sub moa at 200. So I was thinking i was happy with that. But after reading this, im wondering if I should get a better bolt gun and put that in the same XLR carbon chassis? To get better accuracy. Or is that crazy? Should I be happy with the .8-.9 moa hunting loads?
I do prefer .308. I know 6.5 probably has much better BC, but I already load for 308 and dont feel like adding another caliber...
Would mostly use the gun for fun at the range 200 out to 600 yds, and hunting from the porch out to 250.
Thoughts?
Thinking I should just order the chassis for the tikka, but then Im stuck with it, but it is a shooter~.
Maybe for only <1k extra I could be shooting a much better rifle? But dont think I want a 6.5

Maybe thats a dumb question, just havent been able to decide if i want to put that money into the Tikka. But really want to finish the rifle.

My thoughts are that you should never sell a .308 to buy a 6.5, but if you are buying a new gun altogether, then I would choose 6.5 over the .308. Not enough of a difference to swap, but enough of a difference to make the decision easy if you are buying new. As for the chassis, you may pick up a bit of accuracy moving to a chassis, depending on what stock you are coming from and whether or not the current setup is costing you some accuracy whether it be from the stock itself or the lack of the ability to set it up for your specific needs.

Ok I wanted to fire this thread back up after reading through and seeing some good opinions. Wanted to know feelings about the new HMR Pro option that will have better trigger and the premiere bergara action. Is it worth the $500 extra coin?

Ok I wanted to fire this thread back up after reading through and seeing some good opinions. Wanted to know feelings about the new HMR Pro option that will have better trigger and the premiere bergara action. Is it worth the $500 extra coin?
Absolutely not.

Impossible to answer without knowing your use case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom