• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bergara Rifles

MarineEngineer

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
113   0
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a Bergara Rifle for Deer Hunt this year in November or whenever the season starts, so, I would like to know how good are those rifles, barrels, etc, etc first hand information, about the rifle features and what's their performance. Thanks guys

I think they are among the best out of the box rifles you can buy. They did pretty much everything from the factory that custom Rem 700 builders have been doing for years such as the coned bolt face and Sako style extractor, plus they put the bolt release up on the receiver where it belongs instead of inside the trigger gaurd.

Bergara rifles are great, you won’t go wrong with them. Out of the rifles I have owned they are my second favorite, Tikka being the first. Both have very impressive accuracy. One particular feature that tikka has thats very beneficial for hunting is their bolts won’t open when the safety is on (the bolt on my Bergara will open with safety on) so when walking thru brush or climbing into stands the bolt can’t get accidentally knocked open on the tikka. It doesn’t sound like a big deal at first but it quickly became one of the features I appreciate having the most. Not taking anything away from Bergara though, I love mine and would recommend them to anyone

Would also recommend getting one of the heavier profile barrels, something like the Ridge series. In my experience and opinion you’ll get better accuracy and less recoil for a slight increase in overall weight

CVA makes a bolt action rifle using the Bergara barrels. Both CVA and Bergaga are owned by the same company. The rife is called the Cascade. Built to shoot like a Savage 110 but has a Bergara barrel. Costs a couple hundred less than a Bergara.

Back
Top Bottom