• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Berry College

813diablo

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
First time out here, saw 4 deer on the side of the roads and none in the woods. I did get a late start due to a flat tire though. Any one have any pointers for this area?

Do a lot of walking out there and you can find the deer, been a long time since I hunted it. Wish I could help you more, if you go up there during rifle season make sure you have plenty orange on top of orange.

The deer aren't as skittish up there, so I assume stalking them would work better up there than most places. I don't hunt berry but I shoot my camera up there a lot. The deer will almost let you walk right up and pet them.. sometimes they will walk up to the car while I'm in it and let me pet them.. Hunting up there almost doesn't seem fair to me

If you can get in around Texas valley road,they're some mountainous areas not many hunters go, but it's straight up and down. @hunterforlife know the area very well, pm him.

I did some walking and seen a lot of tracks, found a couple pin oaks dropping and getting eaten. I'm north of the power lines. Hopefully I see some none domesticated deer this evening

Back
Top Bottom