• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best 22lr pistol for suppressed range time?

I'd get a full size .22 pistol that has the barrel solidly attached to the frame (for accuracy), in a barrel length of 5" to 6" (for accuracy, again), and one that comes factory-threaded (saves you $150 on having a gunsmith do this).
Pick a gun that's easy to disassemble for cleaning. Shooting .22LR through a can creates blowback that throws a lot of crap into your gun's action. It's dirtier than shooting unsuppressed.

Now, a 5" barrel might allow SOME high velocity .22LR rounds to break the sound barrier and give you a supersonic crack. Okay. But in my experience, most brands and lots of ammo, even "high velocity" ammo will NOT. So, do some experimenting and find what works in your gun. I shoot mine a lot more without the can on it than with. Sometimes I just want the "look" and "muzzle weight" of a can on the end, but I don't care a thing about reducing the noise, so I'll use a fake can ($30). I have a Tac-Sol fake suppressor, an AAC real suppressor, and two different kinds of flash hiders / comps that I can screw onto the end of my BuckMark's barrel.

SD532550.JPG

a threaded S&W Model 41 would be tops on my list.

for now, i'll get a TacSol 4.5" threaded barrel for one of my Mark II's.

Smoothie Smoothie What can? As you can tell, there are basically an unlimited amount of .22 hosts that are a blast. I would recommend doing research and pairing up with the best host. Not all .22 cans like the same host.

Anything factory threaded form a major manufacturer should suit you just fine. It is a shame the Ruger Mk II were never factory threaded, would love to pick one up from someone who can't reassemble it after cleaning (I know the trick).

Smoothie Smoothie What can? As you can tell, there are basically an unlimited amount of .22 hosts that are a blast. I would recommend doing research and pairing up with the best host. Not all .22 cans like the same host.
Dead air mask HD. (In jail) also have an ar22 and 10/22 with threaded barrels so that makes 3 hosts. Love to have an sbr with 4.5" barrel

Back
Top Bottom