• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best 9mm carbine?

My Aero EPC9 has been fun and reliable, but my Ruger PCC has been shot...and shot....and shot.... then shot some more, without any issues regardless of ammo. Brass case, steel case, cheap stuff, Federal HST, it eats it all and just keeps going. My wife keeps it at her side of the bed, and I have implicit faith that if she needed it, it will do the job. Bang for the buck.......I personally like the Ruger best.
I liked it when I held it. It breaks down, uses glock magazines and it's a ruger. But its just not a sexy gun. Lol. Still I like that you said it'll eat anything and is reliable.

I liked it when I held it. It breaks down, uses glock magazines and it's a ruger. But its just not a sexy gun. Lol. Still I like that you said it'll eat anything and is reliable.
We should probably never use "sexy" and "Ruger" in the same thought.....Lol...... but I stand by my reliability assessment of the Ruger PCC.

Definitely Suomi...

IMG_0518.JPG

when (not saying IF, I don't want to curse it) Magpul comes out with their backpacker stock for the PCC it will likely be my do-all 9mm rifle. My 22 version fits in a cubby in my truck, and the 9mm version will as well.

I've shot a Marlin Camp Carbine and liked it a lot.

I've used a select-fire M4 type AR weapon in 9mm, and liked it a lot. It had more recoil than the .223 versions, probably due to the bullet being more than twice as heavy.

A good friend has a middle-1990's generation of the HiPoint 9mm carbine, and while it was reliable and accurate, it just felt CRUDE. The action was ROUGH, not smooth. It took a lot of force to retract the bolt to cock it. The trigger was heavy-- but not too heavy if you're used to shooting striker-fired "safe action" pistols with 6 lb. factory triggers.
The Hi-Point only used 10-round single stack magazines, which some people would find too low in capacity.
But in a home defense role, I think 10 shots is enough, especially if magazine swaps are fast and easy.

The Ruger PCC handles and dry-fires well when I fondle them at gun shows and at gun stores, but I've never fired one of those.

Kel-Tec Sub 2000

This is one PCC I have traded or sold away numerous times and end up repurchasing. This last one I picked up at Freedom Mill and will be keeping it. I've never had a malfunction, it's dead nuts accurate at the range I need it to be and it tucks away into a small space.

Back
Top Bottom