• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best affordable 2 way radios less than $100

Also, for tracking team/ family, check these out below. It's good for situations like hunting, SHTF, hiking, offroading, skydiving, kayaking, etc. There's also a PC based program. You can track in real time, send rally points, map POIs, plot routes, send chat messages, videos and more.

I've used Baofeng for various reasons and they're solid. Add an upgraded antennae and extra capacity battery, you're good to go. Also, you can connect to repeaters so the range is multiplied. There's various videos on youtube.

The range of the Baofeng BF-F8HP can go as far as 20-25 miles; depending upon obstacles and weather.

I second the Baofeng. My son bought 3 for deer camp. Great range. They will over a hill/mountain but to talk on opposite sides of mountain a simple repeater on top of mountain works. An extra radio in an old ammo can works with antenna up in a tree. Nothing fancy.

Update: I ventured out into a new brand and I’m pleasantly surprised.

TidRadio TD-H8 v2
Great features, max 10w output, outstanding range, Bluetooth programmable, 2500mAh battery, excellent screen, and easily synced with repeaters. Can be easily unlocked for GMRS/FRS/ or both. Beats out my UV-5 collection.

Cons: The phone app can be a pain sometimes. It crashed on me twice while searching for repeaters to import. Some Users have reported TX feedback with the USB-C batteries. The company is aware and addressing the problem. (I had the same issue but found out it was a settings issue).

Tip: When registering on the app, you don’t need to use real information.

Overall, it’s a winner for me. Will be testing the limits of this radio soon.

IMG_1336.jpeg
IMG_1335.jpeg

Update: I ventured out into a new brand and I’m pleasantly surprised.

TidRadio TD-H8 v2
Great features, max 10w output, outstanding range, Bluetooth programmable, 2500mAh battery, excellent screen, and easily synced with repeaters. Can be easily unlocked for GMRS/FRS/ or both. Beats out my UV-5 collection.

Cons: The phone app can be a pain sometimes. It crashed on me twice while searching for repeaters to import. Some Users have reported TX feedback with the USB-C batteries. The company is aware and addressing the problem. (I had the same issue but found out it was a settings issue).

Tip: When registering on the app, you don’t need to use real information.

Overall, it’s a winner for me. Will be testing the limits of this radio soon.

View attachment 6097644View attachment 6097645
what is the cost on these?

YES!!!
there are sooo many radio products coming out of China....they will look EXACTLY like the real thing, however will not be the real thing.....I know, I've had it happen to me.....I only caught it by looking at the battery, by then it was too late, I owned it...just buy from reputable sellers....BE CAREFUL buying radios on line....just passing on my experience....

Back
Top Bottom