• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Alliant Powder?

Great info guys. Just getting into reloading and this helps a lot. Gonna be starting with 9mm and 40 S&W so thanks for the tips. Do you guys dry tumble, wet tumble, or both ? Lemishine ?

Look at powder valley. You can buy up to 48 pounds of powder on one hazmat charge. Unique is 22.75 at mid-south and 19.95 at powder valley. Get some reloaders in your area together and do a group purchase. Buying in bulk is the way to save money.

Great info guys. Just getting into reloading and this helps a lot. Gonna be starting with 9mm and 40 S&W so thanks for the tips. Do you guys dry tumble, wet tumble, or both ? Lemishine ?

I have a tumbler that I've used a bunch (Hornady brand). For the past few years however I have just done the citrus bath wash on my brass. Plastic coffee can with tight fitting lid and fill half way with dirty brass, a good squirt (2-3 tblsp) of Dawn, about a 1/4 cup of lemon juice and water as hot as you can get it. Leave enough room in the can to shake the brass. Shake the brass like crazy for a few minutes. When you are done (or your arms are tired) run cold water into the coffee can till it runs clear with no more suds and you will have very clean and sparkly brass. Let it dry and reload it.

I have a tumbler that I've used a bunch (Hornady brand). For the past few years however I have just done the citrus bath wash on my brass. Plastic coffee can with tight fitting lid and fill half way with dirty brass, a good squirt (2-3 tblsp) of Dawn, about a 1/4 cup of lemon juice and water as hot as you can get it. Leave enough room in the can to shake the brass. Shake the brass like crazy for a few minutes. When you are done (or your arms are tired) run cold water into the coffee can till it runs clear with no more suds and you will have very clean and sparkly brass. Let it dry and reload it.
Thanks. That was the other option I was considering after seeing a vid on youtube.

I made this for $80. With 15lbs of SSM I can run more than anyone would ever need to 2k pistol/1k rifle.. If you go with wet tumbling just remember less lemishine is better.. 1/4 tsp per Gallon of Hot water. Pre-soak/rinse brass with hot water and soap whether you wet tumble or do dry. Especially after lubing anything! You will save yourself money and time.

Attachments

• 20190308_215423.jpg
    20190308_215423.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom