• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best and worst gun stores in northeast ga

dctrent

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
69   0
Reaction score
Looking for opinions of best and worst gun shops in north east ga. I'll get it started.
Best: Sporting Arms in Winterville. Very fair prices polite and helpful every time
Worst: TSG in Hoschton was by far the worst shop I have dealt with. It's almost like they don't want any customers. Rude high prices and dishonest gave them 3 tries with the same results

Mainstreet Guns in Lilburn has been good to me. I stay away from Bullseye in Lawrenceville, I went in there one time to fire some ammo through a new pistol. I walked off the range with 5 minutes on the clock. Everybody behind the counter was busy and when they got around to me they charged me another $35 because I went over on the time. I explained I was late because the gun clerks were busy and he told me tough ****.

Mountain sports and pawn in Cleveland right outside of Helen. Great guys who are down to earth and extremely honest. Keep a good selection of firearms and surplus at great prices. These have been my go to guys since they first opened and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Looking for opinions of best and worst gun shops in north east ga. I'll get it started.
Best: Sporting Arms in Winterville. Very fair prices polite and helpful every time
Worst: TSG in Hoschton was by far the worst shop I have dealt with. It's almost like they don't want any customers. Rude high prices and dishonest gave them 3 tries with the same results

Main StreeFire Arms in lilburn is the best I have been to, I bought my first 7-8, guns from them plus, the guys go the extra yard to help you.
The Gun Room in Winder he the best prices on guns I bought my 3 GUNS from them. It's a father and son team, they are 100% honest.
WORST- MOSS PAWN, they act like you don't even exist when you enter there store.

I like classic city firearms in Athens for online ordering! Hughes Outdoor in Blairsville, Chestatee Firearms in Dahlonega(seem like great people and always very friendly), Georgia Gun is really hard to beat, and Fox Hole has a great staff, decent selection, and OK prices. I feel like Georgia Gun is just too busy to give the attention and super friendly(they have never been unfriendly, just busy!) customer service the other stores I like and frequent have provided. If anyone finds themselves in Blairsville and shopping around at Hughes Outdoors, Ralph will go out of his way to help you and from my experience has been very honest. He always has something funny to say as well.

Worst: Alexander's in Blairsville and 400 Pawn or whatever they are called now in Dawsonville. Bad staff at both places, the Dawsonville store has decent prices though.

Edit** forgot to mention who winds up taking most of my money... Palmetto State Armory! Luckily for the gun stores around me, none do free FFL transfers so they get a little bit of business.

Back
Top Bottom