Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Kinghts

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Tacos

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters
the issue with the AR10 is it's not a totally universal platform like the AR15. So lots of parts are not interchangeable, so once you go with a system you'll want to stick with it (or just keep the rifle stock as it came from the manufacturer in many cases).

LMT MARS-H is a great system if you want to be able to swap barrels and calibers around easily (not cheaply however).
PWS makes a long stroke piston system that is good if you are going to shoot suppressed, but has some proprietary parts (piston system). But they can be great shooters.
DD is easy to find locally, and always a solid choice. Lanxang is also a local/atlanta company that makes some very very good 308/6.5 rifles that are worth a look. JP is probably the best known for accuracy if that is your main consideration. Lots of options out there, most are very well made.

Building a precision AR10 ain’t quite the same as building an AR15.

Also, if someone just wants to build one rifle, and doesn’t have a friend with the proper tools, you’ll spend waaaaaay more in the tools than any money you saved by building it yourself.

I teach an AR Builder’s / Armorer’s Course every other month at TruPrep in Marietta. It’s all day, and costs $250. Students can use all my tools, and get as much (or as little) help from me that they want/need. $250 is a lot less than buying the tools yourself.

Back
Top Bottom